Next Thread
Print Thread
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
Here is an interesting study by psychologists at the University of Washington and University of Oregon with the findings that two thirds of the American children surveyed have an imaginary friend.

Did you have imaginary friends as a child? Did you pretend to be someone else while you were playing?

This type of play is rich in the tools future writers will need to create great fiction, develop interesting characters, and tell good stories.

Why not delve back into your childhood this week and remember the characters and stories that fascinated you?

When did you discover your love of storytelling?

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
I did actually. When I was fourteen, I created a friend and used to talk about her for hours. It was good fun and I did not feel so lonely.

I had an imaginary friend. I don't remember how young I was but I'm guessing around 10. That was who I would get into the most trouble with. I guess I was talking myself into doing the things my other friends would talk me out ot.

*It could be worse...you could be on fire*
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
I had a group of imaginary friends. Two were older than me, one my age, and the "baby" of the group. I only very vaguely remember it now - I must have been 5 or 6 at the time.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
I had an imaginary friend named "Koo Koo" who was a ghost of the Casper variety. We had to set a place for him at the table and everything.

The heroine in my first novel has the same imaginary friend. What a coinkydink, huh? :-)

~Joyce
True Blue Forever
Different Roads
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by JoyceScarbrough; 01/19/07 10:51 AM.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I did. My imaginary friends were a group of little people like in the old TV show "Land of the Giants" or "The Borrowers"

They used to go everywhere with me and even sit on my desk at school

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
I had. This friend was like my imaginary lover. (You know all these stories about a prince on the white horse.))))))))))) I was about 13 y.o.

-=ENGLISH.TELEJOB.RU=-

POST YOUR RESUME FREE
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I am an only child. I had many imaginary friends. One was a snake named Cecil. He was purple in my mind's eye.

Today, I still find myself talking aloud. Never do I admit I am talking to myself, I am talking to someone, maybe a muse - I have named her "Madison". I think she is my alter-ego.

Chel

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Yes I did. I also talked to myself and acted like others were there with me which I still do but it is mostly talking to myself. A lot of people think this is weird and or crazy but I do not, as long as I know I am alone and I do not hear and see things it is normal. If I would not be alone in life surrounded by pain and misery I maybe would not do that or at least do it less. I also do it to help myself, like when I have to do something or find something it does help talking to myself. I talk to myself in public too, I do not care what anyone thinks of me.

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.