logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
I agree with you about changing the rules as we go...or is it grow?

For me, I can't imagine what it would be like to spend my whole life doing only what I wanted without having someone else to consider. I must say, though, that there have been times when I thought, "Oh, to be able to come and go as I please without all of these demands on me!" But I chose my life. I chose to be a mom. I chose to make that my #1 priority. And now I have chosen to write for the rest of my life. DH doesn't always like it, but, well, there are things I don't like about DH's decisionmaking, either. I love him anyway.

CATHY BROWNFIELD
Senior Living Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I was 36 when I got married and my daughter was born. I had all the freedom I wanted up until that time but got pretty tired of having no one depend on me.

Being a mom is the best experience I have in my life and nothing can compare to it. My daughter is 20 now but we are close friends. NOW I get to do what I want to again. The years she was growing up didn't seem like a big sacrifice as far as "not doing what I wanted to do."

C
OP Offline
C
Well, I'm sure glad to find that I'm not the only one. Differentness is a good thing, but stupidity, bad manners and bad service? Oh, man. And I'm only 53. Is this going to get worse as I get older?

I decided it's time to spend down. I want to pay off a few bills that I'm tired of haviing hanging over our heads. So, cancelled my memberships in book clubs. I also canceled my membership to a hosiery place. On the statement I wrote, "Cancel membership AND DO NOT CALL ME ON THE PHONE TO CONVINCE ME TO STAY."

The phone rang today. It was a representative from that place. She said, we got your payment and your message that said you want to cancel your membership."

"And as I recall I specifically asked you not to call me."

"Nobody here wants to upset you. But you have some accumulated bonus points you don't want to lose. We can postpone your next shipment until August if you like."

Well, I had thought of all of that when I decided to cancel my membership. OK. Make it August.

She couldn't let it go at that. "We have a one-day special...You can get two pairs of our (she described them) pantyhose, $14. Would you be interested in purchasing them?"

"No."

As I think about it, I wish I'd have said, "I told you to cancel and that's exactly what I mean. I don't care about the bonus points!"

What is it about no that they don't understand?! I can't afford that particular bill right now! Waiting until August isn't really going to make a lot of difference unless DH hits the big lottery he wants to put a couple of bucks on.

CATHY BROWNFIELD
Senior Living Editor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.