Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#288240 01/17/07 10:54 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I have two boys going through the "terrible two's" I am so exhausted by their behavior I could die! Tantrums, indecision, throwing things, biting (sometimes themselves) screaming....Oh my Gosh! When does it end? My older two boys missed the terrible two's completely. This is the first time I have experienced it first hand....what a challenge! Anybody else have anything to share?

Cyn

Last edited by Cyn_EarlyChildhood; 01/17/07 10:55 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Have they done the "hold your breath until you turn blue and fall over" bit yet? That's been great fun. Aargh. Our pedi told us its a common phase. My DH may have a heart attack before the baby is through with the twos. Our DS was soooooo easy--a few tantrums, some hanging on, but none of the fun stuff we're going through with the DD.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
No breath holding yet Lynn! At least it would be quiet! That would be a welcome change wink
Cyn

Parakeet
Parakeet
It will pass! smile Just keep acknowledging their feelings and letting them feel "heard" even when you're frustrated.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I call it the "trying 2s", because they keep trying you and trying you , and if that doesn't work they'll go try something else!

Seriously with Seth (who actually just turned 4 - ACK!)he went very much back and forth. He would do something so uncalled for that I was ready to kill him, and then in the next sentence say something that caught me so off guard I was holding my guts not to laugh out loud!

I fully believe that God in His wisdom made them very cute at this age, just so we don't kill off all of our progeny!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Koala
Koala
I agree, Michelle. One minute the DD is sweet as sugar; the next she's possessed. Give her 10 minutes and watch her head spin. My DH went running through the house the other day yelling "she's not breathing, she's not breathing." Poor guy's having problems with the "give it a minute and she'll either give it up or pass out and start breathing on her own anyway" approach. Most of the time, if we just ignore her (like we ignore the temper tantrums) she stops and is back to sweetness and light within minutes. But boy is that hard to do.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
No doubt! If they weren't so cute and funny they would have been gone! (Or I would)! Sometimes I think this is never going to end.
I spend a lot of time in prayer.
Cyn

Parakeet
Parakeet
P.S. While diet doesn't affect all children, remember that some exhibit more aggressive behavior when they eat foods and beverages with additives such as high fructose corn syrup, red dye, etc...Some parents unintentionally give their children artificial dye on a daily basis. Examples are kool-aid, Hawaiian Punch, fruit roll ups, most kids' cereals, pop-tarts, nutrigrain bars, etc.

My son has problems with food additives and I didn't discover them until around 3 because during his second year I just attributed it to the "terrible twos" and didn't look into his diet. So something to think about when choosing food for your children.

By the way, most breads have high fructose corn syrup in it! We pay 100% Whole Wheat by Pepperidge Farm when we can't get to the health food store...

No more tangents. I promise!

Koala
Koala
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. Dietary changes haven't helped anything other than her eczema and upset tummy. The DS just has a very "me" oriented personality at the moment and hasn't developed the necessary emotional coping mechanisms to deal with life as of yet; nor does she have the vocabulary to fully share her frustrations and outrage at life. So we cope...

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Tee hee....her "outrage at life", I LOVE it Lynn! THat's exactly how Stevie and Sean seem. "Outraged at life" Stuck in a little body that doesn't cooperate and parents who don't have a clue (according to them ;))
Cyn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.