Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287361 01/11/07 08:33 AM
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
We mostly like and hear Persian music. Last night after dinner, we went to a music shop and my wife bought two CDs about old music.
Amongst them, there were some nice music from singers belong to our teenager and young time. During listening to music when it turned to �Bee Gees�, my wife told me she loved this guy when was quite young. When we married I thought she loved �George Michael� now Bee Gees added! lol
When she heard �stayin alive� couldn�t control her emotion and danced with me.
I more loved Eagles � Hotel California�
And then listened to �lady in red� �Chris de Burg� and �Missing you�, I saw tears in my wife eyes. During that my daughter looked at us in ironic way with laugh. She showed her boring and started to pay attention to her mp3 player and sing one of �Cean Paul� loudly! Why she did that?
Are we out dated? I like new singers too but consider those old singers as best ones either. I think they can be rival to these new ones.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I think its Sean Paul,But didnt you make fun of your mom and dad?i recently went on ebay to buy those very same song my parents used to play,hey,this we stuff,I dont know about you,but im still cool,ha

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Hey my FAVOURITE music is the oldies... I love music from the 50's right through the 70's of course I like newer stuff too, and back in the 80's and 90's (really I like from all genres and decades) but truly, I LOVE the old stuff. It has soooo much more feeling it in. Everything from the Beatles, Eagles, Otis Redding, Bob Segar, Tom Jones, Billy Joel, Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton, Janice Joplin, Bob Marley, Elvis, Guess Who, The Who, Meatloaf, Neil Diamond, Neil Young, Phil Collins and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more.. those are just off the top of my head. But music these days just doesn't have the same feel to it. Although a there is a good portion of it that I do still like, smile

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
oh.. And Im only 21... I know all this music because my dad is very much into music. He's been to over 100 concerts since he was 14. He's taught me alot, and that's where I get my taste from. It's what I grew up with and I loved it and still do smile

...so to answer your question "Are we out of date?" I say absolutely not!

Last edited by lala21; 01/12/07 01:21 AM.
C
C
ive noticed alot of young people listening to my generation stuff,ask your dad about Aqualung.But Ive got nellyf. in my cdplayer in the car,I think its neat that you and your dad share music.In your generation music, who do you think will be remembered and treasured longest?I will say this, I think its kind of creepy when the rolling stones perform.its not a lack of respect for their music,as it is just a vision of all their little denture cups waiting to be filled after the concert is over.

babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thanks Lala and Carolf

Quote:
But didnt you make fun of your mom and dad?

you right our distance with my parents is nearly more than a century. I don�t want same destiny for us; I want to be friend with my daughter and don�t be boring. For me her behavior is adorable, style of her dance, talking, walking and sight of view is so different from us when we were in her age.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
hey Carol! I love the fact that my dad and I have a bond like we do. It always gives us something to talk about, something to learn, something to do that's fun and entertaining, and it's just great smile

Honestly, in my generation of music, off the top of my head I can't think of who would be remembered and treasured the longest. That's a tough question. I may have to get back to you on that... some of the people that stick out the most, are people like Madonna, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and these women are pretty much along the same lines of music. I can't really think of any men or bands. Unfortunately, The Backstreet Boys Im sure will be remembered for quite sometime, but while some of their songs are "nice" they don't have the same "feel" or sound to it, as "oldies" do. Really, in my opinion I dont think music will ever be as memorable as the music that we used to have (50's-70's) It's just not the same.

Shark
Shark
oh how sweet of that lala

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.