logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287480 01/12/07 03:42 AM
OP Offline
I've done the low carb thing before, and lost around 40 lbs. with it. Since then, I had a baby and I'm so far beyond my ideal weight it's not funny. I've started to do the low carb thing again, but I'm wondering about slipping up. After induction, if you were to slip up how bad does it hurt your diet?

I had a friend who did this and she had beers every weekend, and another who ate pizza every Friday night. They still lost the weight, but I'm wondering how much it really effects the diet.

*It could be worse...you could be on fire*
Sponsored Post Advertisement
alletsarret #287495 01/12/07 06:31 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
It's important to remember this isn't a 'temporary fix', it's a permanent way to eat smile So it's not a matter of slipping up. It's a matter of living each day. If you were a runner, and you went to a friend's wedding one day instead of running, you wouldn't consider it a slip up. You'd consider it what you chose to do that day.

The same is true for how you eat. If on a given day you eat 20g, you'll lose X pounds. If the next day you eat 40g, you'll lose X/2 pounds. It's not exactly that simple, but you get the idea smile You make the choice, each day, of how to treat yourself. If you want to make continual progress, then you need to eat well each day. If you don't care as much how quickly you lose, then you pay less attention to eating well.

That being said, I have a TON of advice on my site about low carb beer, they can be VERY tasty. I'm not sure why you'd drink regular beer if you were aiming to lose weight. That being said, if you're out dancing at a club all night, I bet you could drink 2 or 3 beers and still lose weight that night. So if beer "gets you going" out on the dance floor, I'm all for it.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.