logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28635 10/13/02 11:44 AM
OP Offline
Winter is approaching here in Michigan (my favorite season!) but this old house is DRY DRY DRY when the furnace runs! A humidifier isn't an option for several reasons, I have been running a vaporizer in the bird room for part of every day, I've tried a pan of water next to the heat duct in there but it gets slimy REAL quick and I don't want to be sending spores or anything into the air...someone suggested a pan of water with gravel in it, as they do to maintain humidity in orchards, and I will try that. I'm also considering an indoor fountain of some kind, and that's what my question is about. Does anybody have one of these? Are they hard to maintain and/or keep clean? I don't have a water source in there so it would be one I'd have to fill...but I don't know anything about them, and don't know if one might help, or not. Any thoughts?

~*~Tiffany Marie~*~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#28636 10/13/02 04:37 PM
M
Koala
Koala
M
I have a few aquariums scattered around the house & it still gets dry in here. The water is constantly having to be topped up due to evaporation, but even so we need more humidity at this time of year.

So, I doubt if one of those little fountains would really be of much help, although one certainly wouldn't hurt either.

As far as how much work they are to maintain, we'll have to wait for someone who actually has one though. I do like the looks of them.

Mavis
#28637 10/17/02 07:39 PM
OP Offline
I'm also looking into plants for the bird room, apparently there are some concerns about the soil in the pots, but that's another option I suppose... Until then, I'll probably run the vaporizer every night like I did last year <sigh>...

~*~Tiffany Marie~*~

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.