Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy
57406 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57406 Members
417 Forums
113451 Topics
805527 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 574
Beetlemess 233
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 147
Jana - Creativity Editor 132
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 79
Nancy Roussy 75
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Mona - Astronomy 41
Sandra Investing/HFinance 37
Dianne W - Editor 21
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 240 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 239 240 >
Topic Options
#293141 - 02/17/07 12:44 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Modern Woman]
Linda, Philosophy Editor Offline
Gecko

Loc: Connecticut
Where in the Bible, anywhere in the Bible does scripture present God as a female? Where in the Bible is the term God the Mother? Sophia is the closest God gets to female gender, as she is described as the wisdom of God.

I am definately not a reflection of HIM. I am a woman and therefore do not denote masculine gender. The Gnostics, on the other hand, often referred to God as Divine Mother and Father. Of course, they weren't speaking of the false God in Heaven, but of the higher unnamed God which is a loving and benevolent Creator.

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#293399 - 02/18/07 06:40 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
texasdave Offline
Shark

I speak in the spirit. You are more than gender. Your feminine attributes, not your physical gender, is what I am talking about. Mankind is man and woman. God created mankind after His own image.

Abortion is murder of a child and the rape of its mother

Add Re: The Goddess to Twitter Add Re: The Goddess to Facebook Add Re: The Goddess to MySpace Add Re: The Goddess to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The Goddess Add Re: The Goddess to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The Goddess to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The Goddess to Stumbleupon Add Re: The Goddess to Reddit
#293411 - 02/18/07 07:15 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: texasdave]
Gecko

Lovelove, Than I can only assume that you don't mind if I refer to divinity as the Goddess, since more than half of humankind is female, and created in HER image.

#293449 - 02/18/07 11:32 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
texasdave Offline
Shark

Except that God refers to Himself as masculine. So that is the truth. Regardless of either of our opinions.

#293554 - 02/19/07 11:06 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: texasdave]
Gecko

Of course you see Divinity as masculine because you BELIEVE in that God. I CHOOSE to see Divinity as feminine because I CHOOSE to BELIEVE that there is a benevolent and loving Goddess in charge of all this, and I can SEE her reflected in the EARTH and in MYSELF. Neither one of us is right.. neither one of us is wrong. Those are our CHOICES.

Love and Light..

#293581 - 02/19/07 01:36 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
texasdave7 Offline
Shark

There is no goddess. That is a lie from way back.

#293614 - 02/19/07 04:03 PM Re: The Goddess [Re: texasdave7]
Gecko

That is your opinion Dave. And, of course, like anyone else in this forum, you are entitled to your opinion.

Love and Light..

#293720 - 02/20/07 05:02 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
texasdave Offline
Shark

That is not Dave's opinion. It is truth. I will pray for you Spirituality, that you will come to know that.

Edited by lovelove (02/20/07 05:03 AM)

#293760 - 02/20/07 10:52 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: texasdave]
Gecko

I wonder if women have become strong enough to take a stand and refuse to be swept under the carpet ever again. Now, mind you, I am not a feminist, but I am a woman. And, as a woman, I have encountered prejudice and discrimination because of my gender.

I can't help but wonder how women became so pushed back in society. Even a hundred years ago they didn't have the right to vote.

We have come a very long way toward equality. And, perhaps one of the last arenas we have left to conquer is organized religion. Women are becoming Priests and Rabbis, few and far between, but it is starting to happen. Almost every church out there encourages women to become ministers and pastors, with the small exception of a few that still are of the thought that women should be seen and not heard and submissive to their mates... HAAAAA... not this one. Respect and honor.. yes... submissive... nope.

With the popularity of Earth based religions growing every day.. we are seeing the re-emergence of the Goddess. More and more people are aware of the connection between the old harvest festival days and the cycles of the Earth.

I wonder if there will be a time when women are totally equal with men.. or at least that our voices are heard equally. I don't think that on many levels we want to equal with men. What we don't need to become is men in women's bodies either.

I hope all of this makes sense..

Love and Light...

#294010 - 02/21/07 10:25 AM Re: The Goddess [Re: Linda, Philosophy Editor]
texasdave7 Offline
Shark

Spirituality,
Did you not say in several of your posts that there is no right or wrong? So dicrimination or prejudice against women is not necessarily wrong then, right?

Page 3 of 240 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 239 240 >

Moderator:  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Fall Fun Word Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
2 seconds ago
Thanksgiving Money Reflections
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
5 minutes 1 second ago
Black Fridays and Cyber Mondays
by Grace-Newsletters Editor
Ezines
5 minutes 48 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 03:51 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 03:50 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 03:47 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 03:42 AM
Gastronomic Migration - The Manila Galleons II
by Isabel - Mexican Food
Mexican Food
Today at 01:40 AM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Yesterday at 08:51 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Sandra Investing/HFinance, Grace-Newsletters Editor), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.