Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I think there is a strong biological/hormonal urge - I knew lots of women who didn't want children in their early 30s and then watched them change their minds over the next 10 years or so. The biggest surprise - a friend who had no interest at all in children suddenly decided to have one at 44 - I now believe because woman have a "window of opportunity" to fall pregnant it creates pressure as you age. (not all women feel this way, of course) Many women will give in to this urge - others resist it or have to resist it for various reasons i.e. not in a stable relationship, spouse not interested etc.
Men also have a "use by" date but the line is not so clear and you still hear of men fathering babies even in old age. (whether its desirable is another issue entirely)
Its interesting too that woman are often more interested in having sex when they are ovulating - a friend did a research paper on the topic some years ago. I guess its natures way of ensuring the continuation of the species.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I heard something recently that with men who are older, if they Father children there is an increased posibility of things like schizophrenia in their off spring.

I have always heard this called Baby Lust. I had a terrible case of it when I was in my later 20s. I was over at families house and one of the women was raising her grand daughter who was just gorgeous. I couldnt get enough of her and another woman there who also had children saw it in me, that I wanted a baby SO badly.

I had my only daughter the day before my 30th birthday. I had always wanted more but I was not in a stable relationship and was unwilling to do it again on my own. With my daughter I was alone from the beginning and I don't regret a minute but I just don't feel like I can do that again. If I were to have another, I would want to experience what its like to have the love and support of the Father. To have him there for the visits, for the birth and all the fun that comes with raising a child.

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
lala21, I noticed that you just had your first baby. Congratulations! After a lifetime of no interest in having children, an "epiphany" has suddenly hit me (if that's the right word) that I finally feel ready for a baby. I am 31 yrs old, been married for 10 yrs, and my husband and I have gone all this time not wanting children. Now my feelings have changed, and he is literally in "shell-shock" - he doesn't know what to think. A lot like you described your husband - willing to discuss some of the time, but very intimidated/angry at other times. How long did it take you to convince him to have a baby? I want to give him one year to decide, but I'm trying not to be pushy. Given my age, it is getting so hard to exercise my patience. Would you have any advise?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.