Page 1 of 2 1 2
#285262 12/20/06 09:34 AM
J
JenM Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
I am hoping someone here can help me out. I have done a Google search, but am not coming up with too much.

I had a dream the night before last about a wolf. I have never, ever had a dream which contained a wolf. Snakes and spiders, yes, a wolf - no.

I was walking in a certain area of my town and it was starting to get dark. I "felt" something behind me and then beside me and I turned to look and it was this really large wolf. He was snarling and showing his teeth and I thought he was going to bite me. I kept walking and he kept walking beside me, snarling and baring his teeth, sometimes getting a little in front of me and doing it and then back to my side doing it. He and I were looking at each other straight in the eyes the whole time.

I don't know what this could possibly mean, if anything, but it has stuck with me, very vivid.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#285263 12/24/06 02:32 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Hi Jen

Were you scared of the wolf in your dream? He was snarling, but it may have been to protect you not harm you.

Two options I can think of...
If not scary he could be a power animal- a protective animal spirit. Google 'wolf animal ally'.

If scary think of 'big bad wolf' stories & look out for someone in your life deceiving you (like playing granny to little Red Riding Hood) & hopefully they won't get to devour you!

#285264 12/26/06 03:11 PM
J
JenM Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
I talked to someone about this on Friday that used to do dream interpretation on a regular basis, and what she said totally hit home (and she didn't have many details to go by, so I was really shocked).

It's option #1, the protector.

Thanks Lauren!

#285265 01/08/07 07:44 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I used to have a big black wolf that sat outside my bedroom door for a while and he, with his giant yellow eyes, always showed up when I was getting ready to go out for the night. Except he wasn't a dream; I 'felt' him there instead.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

JenM #290101 01/30/07 07:20 PM
B
B
Your friend who suggested the wolf could be either a protector or a danger is right. However, seeing as it was snapping at you, I would see it as a threat. Is there something or someone threatening the way you live? It doesn't need to be a person. Perhaps something is threatening yor job security, your health or your home.

J
JenM Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Hi BellaDreams,

Sorry I haven't been back to see your post! :-)

The wolf wasn't snapping at me, though. He was kind of trying to "herd" me, I think is how I would describe it.

JenM #291911 02/11/07 08:26 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
The wolf represents evil that is stalking you. In Genesis, God describes evil as " crouching by the door and its desire is for you". Evil is pursuing you in your life. You have a sin issue that you need to repent of. Do that and evil cannot threaten you.

JenM #292169 02/12/07 11:48 PM
M
M
Hi just to let you know dreaming of a wolf means good and not evil.
Your wolf is protecting you just as Christ as angels to protect .
He snarls only to warn you of danger nothing to harm you .
Be thankful.

missywordsofencouragement
M
M
Missy7777

missywordsofencouragement
JenM #292628 02/14/07 02:58 PM
E
E
The dream suggests a situation in which you can see yourself making progress when very �into� a specific issue without perhaps seeing that you have �gone to town� on it, i.e. are making the most of it. (walking in my town) The oncoming darkness would imply that as time goes by, you would be using less and less of the Lord�s intelligence. Here the issue being referred to seems represented by the wolf.

A wolf represents an emotional aspect of your own nature, one that often suggests an inclination to starve the body; the issue of dieting. The snarling and barring of teeth would suggest an element of danger to this instinctive motivation. Walking beside you, in back of you and in front of you can indicate this feeling or inclination to diet can be seen to be with you here and now as in the past and seemingly going on into the future. Looking at each other straight in the eye, can imply that you see �eye to eye� with the instinctive inclination; that you are in agreement with it.

The fact that you mentioned in one of your replies that you felt �herded� by the wolf is rather significant. It would confirm and emphasize that you are actually being driven or motivated by an instinctive and thus irrational feeling. Your rational thoughts and feelings (you as a human) are being directed to stay on course by a lower instinct (an animal) � and note � it is getting darker.

On a physical level of interpretation, the wolf can represent usually a male who preys sexually upon females. He seems to be driving you to where he wants you � (to his lair?)

T
Shark
Shark
T
The Bible always refers to a wolf as evil. Not good.

Gecko
Gecko
Certainly we'd all agree that interpretation of symbols in dreams is not restricted to biblical imagery. Personal meanings are probably much more significant, so a wolf may indeed be a good figure to some individuals.

Be kinder than you need to be. Everyone is dealing with something.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.