logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Originally Posted By: ParrotHead
When the answer to everything is "God made it so" or the "Bible says so" there's no further room for discussion or thought. I have tried on many occasions to have rational discussions and after awhile you get tired of hearing the same thing over and over. If we could get past the same two answers (no matter how pretty they are worded) we might actually find a new perspective separately or together. That is the point of discussion, is it not? Neither answer sways me to their point of view so if they can't have a discussion without that fallback position then it is pointless.

I find it interesting reading your few posts althought you had a few trophy here and there , it is my view that .....

You not only locked yourself in the cave but you also trying to lock HIM into the cave.

atan

Retired ~ Professional Healer,Psychic,Crystal Master, Feng Shui Master and New Age Priest.

[url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com]Http://www.dhealing.com[/url][/url][/url][/url]
Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
No one is trying to lock Him in a cave. To the contrary, we are trying to espress how much He loves you and wants you to have a personal relationship with Him.

Parrothead, how can you have creationism with out the Christian God? He is the One who created everything. You speak of uncoupling my training and whatever. Uncouple it from what? From God? From Jesus? From the bible?

It took me a long time to be coupled with Them and I am not about to uncouple anything. As far as not having a rational discussion without "falling back on" 'because God said so or the Bible said so' then I get pooh-poohed or get called names. Where is the rationality in that?
I am wrong for only reading Christian literature for discussions on things like evolution but you guys are always right because you don't read Christian literature on it. Where is the rationality there?

Atan, you quoted something from both me and Parrothead and I don't know who your ignorance theme is aimed at, so if it is me, allow me to respond.

I have never once said anyone is ignorant or beneath me or that I am better than the next person. My argument has always been that I believe in God and Jesus and the Bible as the irrefutable truth and I am going to be rewarded for it in Heaven whilst those who do not believe or look to the stars for their answers instead of the One who made those stars, then they are going to "burn in the lake of fire that was created for the devil and his angels." There is no middle ground here. It's an all or nothing proposition.

Parrothead, you won alot of awards for memorizing Bible verses at Bible camp and church. That is awesome, however, if you don't live by the words that you memorized or believe what those words have to say or believe that they were written by God, believe that Jesus was born and died for your sins, then that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee because it isn't going to matter when you stand before the Throne of Judgment. It doesn't matter if you can memorize the whole Bible chapter and verse, if you don't believe in God as the great I AM, or in Jesus as your only way to Heaven, memorizing anything will not matter

And that is the bottom line.

Jesus died for you, won't you love Him for that?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
amadeus1220

I was not refering the above post to you.

but

I was interested in your view.....

What you said is only applicable if you are a Bible person, your truth has limit - only limit within a book .

Whereas - we are free - we are not limited by anythings.

Retired ~ Professional Healer,Psychic,Crystal Master, Feng Shui Master and New Age Priest.

[url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com][url=Http://www.dhealing.com]Http://www.dhealing.com[/url][/url][/url][/url]
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: God_Loves_You
but the problem is that an atheism doesn't give us the rational answer to the problem of morality or other experience that human beings have.

Yes it does, because even atheists - who stand by their right to not believe in anything, which in itself is a form of faith - faith in the fact that there is no God - have a standard set of moral, social and ethical rules and regulations they live by. Morality isn't confined to a specific Religion or creed, you know... one can have morals, standards and ethics without a faith in an unseen Creator....
Quote:
Atheism fails to have a foundation for rationality and when we discuss rational things, we have to take a leap of blind faith into the non-rational realm to answer the basic questions of rationality. So atheism fails at an epistemological level.

Atheism doesn't fail on an epistemological level, because even if atheists dont subscribe to God, it doesn't mean they don't know about Him/Her/It.

Christians such as yourself, on the other hand, seem to have very little knowledge or information about other Religions to be able to discuss all manner and means of different viewpoints, because you have a blind insistence that your faith is the one, and none other matters. So if anyone is incapable of expanding their viewpoint, I'm afraid it's you, not us.

Shark
Shark
Alexandra, wow that is such an amazing answer. First of all, I (And most of the other atheists as well might) totally disagree with you when you say:
Quote:
Yes it does [have a rational answer to the problem of morality], because even atheists - who stand by their right to not believe in anything, which in itself is a form of faith - faith in the fact that there is no God - have a standard set of moral, social and ethical rules and regulations they live by.

See the problem is you are presupposing way to much to come to that conclusion. You said that atheist "stand by their rights not believe in anything" but you are already presupposing that they have a "right". That is not a rational answer to the problem. And most atheist deny the fact that they have any faith or believe in anything.(Actually I have personally never seen an atheist that admit that have faith or believe in anything.)And then you said that athiests "have a standard set of moral, social and ethical rules and regulations they live by." but Alexandra you are not answering the question at all. You are just passing by it. I asked what is the standard for morality in atheism and who decides it and you answered by they of course have a standard set of morals. Maybe I don't really understand your response or maybe you are not answering the question at all but at any rate No answer has been given to that problem(atleast rationaly).

Then you said that
Quote:
Atheism doesn't fail on an epistemological level, because even if atheists dont subscribe to God, it doesn't mean they don't know about Him/Her/It.

Yes but if you know about epistemology, the question is not IF they know that God exist or not but HOW they not about whether God exists or not and how do they justify it. So once again you haven't answered the question at all. What are the bases for rationality in atheism and how do we know they are right? That is the real question. And something else that I wanted to point out is by using Anselm's argument the atheism fails to even deny that God exist since when we say the word God an atheist know what we are talking about, therefore if we know about something then that something exists in our understanding. So when we say God doesn't exist, we are in fact contradicting ourselves. Just a thought.

And something funny in this forum is that there are way to many personal attacks. See atheists (or a Buddist in this case)don't attack my arguments rather they attack me. I mean seriously. They don't answer to my question but say I am irrational and " have very little knowledge or information about other Religions" to ask question or discuss things therefore my argument is invalid but wait that is a logical fallacy. It is called argument from ignorance. But how does Alexandra know I have little knowledge or information to even argue? She said,
Quote:
you have a blind insistence that your faith is the one, and none other matters.

she also said that atheists have faith and I assume she says that Buddhist have faith too but she just blames christians for their faith. What about Buddhists? Don't they have faith? And if yes, then aren't you guys as close minded as you are claiming we Christians are? But now Alexandra might once again respond with her favorite argument that no Buddhist don't because they are tolerant to everyone and are not judgmental at all therefore I'll like to answer to it right now. You as an Buddhist are being judgmental to us Christians and that is totally intolorent. So that will definitely cost you a couple of rebirths.

Alexandra hasn't answered to the question that I asked eariler rather she just put some arguments that are fallacious and wrong.

Last edited by God_Loves_You; 03/26/07 04:25 PM.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Atan, that book is the word of God. His truth is limitless. Besides a "bible person" is only concerned with the truth that lies therein.

Alexandra, as far as other religions go, if they do not recognize God as the Creator of Heaven and earth and everything in between, if they don't recognize Jesus as the Savior and defeater of our sins and if they do not believe that the Bible is the word of God, then those other religions do not matter to Christians.

Those religions who believe in other god-heads and do not believe in the One true God or in Jesus as the Son of God, then it is a false religion, created by Satan to provide a sense of false security. This isn't my rule, it's His.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Zebra
Zebra
GodLovesYou, You don't half fill a complete page with a whole empty sack of bo****ks sometimes.

What exactly, in a sentence, are you trying to say?
And by the way, I am laughing at you so hard, my sides are hurting, because you patently show by your comments that you know nothing about Buddhism, nor the Four Noble Truths, the Eightfold Path, The Five precepts and the Four Dharma Seals. Buddhism doesn't deal with tolerance. It deals with acceptance, there's a difference. And no, whichever way you might perceive it, frankly, no, I am not judging you, because there is nothing of any substance to 'Judge'. And it is because of those edicts of Buddhism that I discuss with you, but know that words on your ears are futile, wasted and frankly, you matter as much as I do, in the grand scheme of things.
Very little, if at all.

Shark
Shark
It quite funny that I was not even arguing about Buddhism in general but rather the way you are showing it to be. I used the word tolernce and non-judgmental since you have said that a bunch ot times. You said
Quote:
Buddhism doesn't judge or condemn anything...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Shark
Shark
Do you know what is really funny, Alexandra? You seem to like laughing so this might give you a good laugh too. You ready? OK here it is. I have noticed something really funny about the way you argue. See whenever I seem to be arguing with someone else, you understand me perfectly and try to refute me but after you join the argument and I refute you, you come up with your "laughing argument" which is so funny. Here it is.
God Loves You, you make me laugh so hard. I have no idea what you are talking about.
Then your conclusion is that Christians are irrational and then you leave it to that. Funny, isn't it? You might so that I am just accusing you of that but a good example is in this very page if you read the arguments above you'll know what I mean and another example is here.
Quote:
You guys give me such a barrel of laughs, but I relise that it's pointless discussing anything with you...

This is from another argument that we had some time ago but as you see that the very same thing is presented here and that is just two examples of it.
I really found that interesting and funny.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.