[Hi Laurie! Thanks for getting back to me. Is it possible to make this thread sticky? So it wont drift off the page allowing as many people as possible to have the chance to become involved?]

Dear All,

Body image dissatisfaction is becoming increasingly common in both women and men. It involves feeling unhappy with the way you look; your weight, your shape or any particular aspect of your body. There are many potential causes that may lead women to feel unhappy with the way they look; I see that you have discussed many of these on this forum.

I am part of a research team from a UK University investigating how to make women feel more positive about their bodies.

Our research team are conducting a simple study that everyone can get involved with�

...we need you to take part so we can increase understanding and make treatments more successful.

It involves filling out some very short questionnaires and downloading and completing a FREE self-help workbook that has been designed to lessen body dissatisfaction and increase positivity.

After completing the exercises in the workbook you will be contacted and asked how you are feeling after the process. That�s all! The whole study can be done online.

If you would like to become involved and try the workbooks, simply send us an email to our confidential address:

holistichealth@psy.plymouth.ac.uk

And we will get right back to you with more information and a link to where you can download your workbook.

We really hope that you take this opportunity to become involved and try the workbooks. The more we understand, the more we can help.

Many thanks,

Holistic Health Research Team (University of Plymouth, UK)

Last edited by Laurie_Body_Image; 11/21/06 11:21 AM.