Hello,
My daughter's hair was colored in September and she likes it but I need to do it at home from now on. I can't afford $80.00 hair salon visits every 6 weeks:)

My daughter is a medium blonde. The hairdresser drew like an invisible line around the back of Lindsey's head from the top of the ears- so roughly 50% of her hair was colored. She used the lightest Redkin shade on her. It looks great with the layers in the back with the light and medium blond swooshing around the bottom layers:):) Only drawback is that style of coloring is that it requires maintainance because the regrowth at the top part is noticable.

BUT- she "highlighted strands" as she put it- so that Lindsey had some gorgeous light streaks along with the Redkin color. So my question: Did she use just the developer to make those highlighted streaks? Or did she go to a higher number developer w/the Redkin color? All the foils came off at the same time- it wasn't like this was a 2 step process- she did the highlighted streaks at the same time as the Redkin color.

So please let me know what she would have used. I have touched up the regrowth and I used Sally's lightest blonde hair color and it was fine. It is more of a honey blonde color is my only complaint and the Redkin was more of a purer light blonde. So I'd like to add some of the highlighted streaks the way the hairdresser did when I touch up her hair.

Thanks alot and I went to school to be a cosmetologist 25 years ago and graduated with a 99 grade but never did my state boards. I was too scared of the pin curls and finger weaving to take the state baord test LOL!!

Lori