Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
I lost my appetite due to stress. I just couldn't eat much. And I never thought this could affect my hair down the road.

Our bodies use the nutrients that we take in to take care of vital organs. Our bodies don't need hair to live, so when we don't eat enough or eat the wrong kinds of food, guess what does not get nourished.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
OP Offline
S
What are my chances of my hair coming back to normal? If I use Nioxin, take my vitamins, eat well and exercise? I have NO bald patches and most people think my hair looks fine..just some slight thinning at the top and a texture change. Are we talking a year? I can deal with that. As long as it gets better. I think I have really learned a vital lesson here. I never realized how hair can become so icky from stress and diet. I should have known. And I know I need to STOP counting the hairs as they fall...just another stressor.

T
T
I too got so stressed that I did'nt eat hardly anything for about a month, lost 13 pounds. well a few months later I noticed my hair falling out at a pretty rapid amount, I bought Nioxin shampoo, I have noticed new little hairs growing on my scalp, I can feel them. I went to the dermatologist she said it was TE brought on by stress and the begining of perimenopause and recomended rogain for men, well I havnt tried yet but what I want to know is, my hair is still falling out i'm not as stressed or depressed as i was when will that stop? I have started eating more protien and to eat healthier.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
What are my chances of my hair coming back to normal?

I know that 9 out 10 people see a significant difference when using the 3 part Nioxin. Most of the people I know see a difference within a month or two. Depending on how long your hair is, it should be back to normal in a year or less.

G
G
If you don't have high blood pressure, hair loss seems to go along with that if it is not controlled, or sugar diabetes.(not sure why I have seen those two together). I would advise a good checkup by your Dr and if all else is well the very best vitamin I ave seen is prenatal vitamins.
Remember those of you who took them how you hair grew when you were pregnant. I am a hair dresser and I have seen it work time and time again. Stress is the worst hair killer. It tightens the scalp and slows the oxygen and blood flow to your scalp and hair roots. Go for a long walk and take a nice vitamin.

G.Lovinna
T
T
Thank You jinlovin 7 you are so right, when I used prenatal vitamins my hair and nails grew great! I have been walking 3 miles a day which has dropped my stress level tremendously.

Wolf
Wolf
Quote:
What is normal? For the past couple of months I have noticed my hair has thinned a lot. I've recently cut it..and layered it. When I shampoo I just see strands falling out. I don't think I'm losing more than 100 a day..but every time I just stand over the sink I see hairs fall out. I have re-growth, because I can see my blond roots. I've recently been under stress and lost a lot of weight. My diet was not the best for a couple of months. Will my hair come back to life? And the fact that I see re-growth, is that a good sign?
Anyone have any ideas how long this will last? I've increased my calories and vitamins.

Did you think of using Minoxidil?
http://www.doctorgoodskin.com/ds/hairloss/treatments-minoxidil.php

S
OP Offline
S
The re-growth I do have is very fine and much lighter. Is that normal? Will it eventually come back thicker?

S
OP Offline
S
I feel like I'm obsessing about this..sorry. I just have another question. My hair gets very oily. I wash it in the morning and by mid-day it feels and looks greasey. My hair used to do this when the seasons changed..and then stopped. But it's been like this for a couple of weeks now. Just over producing oil. Any thoughts? I'm in hair turmoil at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.