logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Why do women sell their body? Is that a commodity? Do they have no respect for their own body?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
There's a market, there's demand, there's exploitation (from both sides, at times) and "sex sells"....

As I stated previously,it is known as the world's oldest profesion, but if you wish to know why, from time immemorial, it has always seemed that women have 'given' and men have 'taken', read the book I have spoken about before.

'Mysogyny - The World's Oldest Prejudice' By Jack Holland.

It's a real eye-opener.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
In prostitution, the woman gets money. it is pure business.
Business of selling one's own body.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Why do women sell their body? Is that a commodity? Do they have no respect for their own body?

I suppose it depends on who you ask. For people that have tough lives and end up falling into prostitution, I think it is a bad thing. They are doing it for the wrong reasons. But if a woman chooses to do it and likes it (as someone said about a friend of theirs) I say more power to them. Besides, strippers are selling themselves in much the same way as prostitutes (in the fact that their bodies are the commodity), and stripping is legal.

Also, regarding disease, violence, etc... I think it should be regulated like in Amsterdam. Education and not hiding it in the back closet could get rid of some of those problems...

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
my daughter is a prostitute she has been beaten many times,shes on the streets to support a heroin habit,she doesn't steal from any one,i pray for her safety all the time, i have more respect for a women who gets paid for what she does then for one who just gives it away,

Rosie L
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
my daughter is a prostitute she has been beaten many times,shes on the streets to support a heroin habit,she doesn't steal from any one,i pray for her safety all the time, i have more respect for a women who gets paid for what she does then for one who just gives it away,

She can not be deaddicted?

C
C
like froggie says it depends on who you ask.
some for their tummy some for sex and money.
some care some dont.

Time is precious.Don't waste it.
&
Learning to count your blessings will help you to smile more :-)
M
Shark
Shark
M
I am sure skyhavens daughter can get rid of her addiction but you have to understand what an unbearbly scary path that can be cdm.. if addiction where that easy to overcome it wouldn't be called addiction

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
N
Gecko
Gecko
N
I'm with Alexandra ... "I do not consider what they do to be wrong, immoral or bad.
It's when choice is abused, or when there is exploitation and corruption that the harm is done.
Also, why should they be held as guilty? The behaviour of men who, for example, might cheat on their wives, may be far more subject to scrutiny..." on this one.

Too much old fashioned stigma attached to the sexual aspect. Society should concentrate on getting the slime out of the profession.

Shark
Shark
I do not hate prostitutes. She chooses to offer a service for pay, regardless of the legalities in my country.

A man can choose to not pay for those services or he can choose to seek out a prostitute for paid sex.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.