Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
[color:"green"]To drag myself out of a cozy bed on Sunday morning to go to church. And oh, how my kids can easily sway me to stay put. And another thing, why is it that we fight every Sunday? There's an argument in getting up, getting dressed, eating, personal grooming. Then there's an argument over who will sit where in the van. Then they fuss at me when it's time to go to class. They don't want to go -- it's boring. Then they fight when we get home over participating in reverent activites vs. irreverent ones. It's enough of a battle to have just taken the easy route and stayed at home. DH is of no help -- he's right there fussing, too! Me agaist 6! I think I detest Sundays! I hope I'm not alone. Anyone have similar experiences? Will there ever be a peaceful Sunday? Is harmonizing Sundays possible? Or is this something that will only happen after the children are grown?[/color]

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Alice,

I've been part of the same struggles both as a child and as a parent. (For that matter, staying in the cozy bed on Sunday morning is way too inviting for me without anyone trying to convince me to stay there.) What worked best with my step-daughters was to have another adult - a family friend or member of the extended family - to take the kids to church, invite them to sit with them at church, or otherwise take an interest in them and make it clear that they look forward to seeing them at church. Also, with kids, the more you can do the night before, the better.

I think I recall that you homeschool. Is there some way that you could work out reverent educational activities for Sunday afternoon or evening and give your kids a different day to sleep in and participate in the irreverant activities? You could give them an extra day off at the end of the month if they are cooperative on Sundays.

Julie

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Julie,
Those are really good ideas! I will have to try it out and see how it goes. I am relieved to know I am not alone!

Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hey Alice!

Either my husband or I have been sick for the past 4 Sundays running! And we are trying to join the church we have been visiting. I told him when he got back from church with thr kids this morning (I was the one that was sick today) "I know this is the church God wants us in, because Satan is trying so hard to keep us from joining it!"

I think that is why Sundays are always so hard for everyone. If we can be kept from getting to church, then that is enough. So we will try to go - even if we are late, or not all together.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
A
Yes it can happen but I believe it takes a lot of planning and preparation. As the oldest in a large family. My parents had 8 of us. Sunday mornings were always hectic and crazy and no we did not all make it to church on time. Now that my youngest brother is 13 it's a lot easier.

Who do you know who burns scented candles?
Enter my free candle drawing at
http://www.scentedcandlesclub.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
[color:"green"]I have been sick all weekend with a stomach virus. So I did not make it to church either. I was really bummed. I wanted/needed to be there.

And I agree that the opposition is fierce on Sundays. I know without a doubt it's the hand of Satan at work. But how to overcome it as a family is leaving me stumped.

Aside from the obvious details of preparing your clothing and church materials on Saturday night, is there anything that you do on Saturday evening or during the day to prepare your families spiritually for Sunday?

[/color]

Weight Loss Editor

Moderated by  Brenda - Teaching LDS 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.