Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#274695 10/12/06 11:19 AM
"Rosie" Offline OP
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
i have waist length hair i cant afford even a trim any idears on how to trim my hair straight accross mysel thank i also just found out how to post it was right in front of me i asked for help but i found my way thanks

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#274696 10/12/06 04:51 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
I use this method and I know many others on other forums that do as well.
http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim

My hair is tailbone length but I started using it when I was above waist and still use it.

Just be sure to use decent scissors. You can get a good pair at Sally for $10-25

But only use them on hair.

It is possible to use sewing scissors if you have them but make sure they are sharp. Cutting hair with dull scissors can do just as much or more damage as the splits you are trying to remove.

I don't know if you can afford $10-25 or not but if you can use that method and only pay that price once it's like buy one haircut get the rest free.

If you try that method don't cut too much the first time. And you might want to do a few practise runs with making the tail and sliding the bands down without actually cutting. Some bands might work better than others depending on how thick your hair is.

Good luck

#274697 10/12/06 06:36 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
That's a great reference! If I weren't so chicken, I'd try it out when my hair grows back out.

Trimming it yourself isn't your only free option. Some beauty schools have free haircut days and that's how I usually get my hair cut. Trimming long hair straight is actually one of the harder cuts to get perfect, and it's not uncommon for the instructor to end up having to straighten it up a little. Also, if you are willing to go shorter, there are many salons and beauty schools that will give you a free haircut if you donate a 10" or more ponytail to Locks of Love.

Julie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.