Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#272910 10/03/06 07:04 AM
P
OP Offline
P
G�Day

We are back from a fabulous road trip in Australia. During 5 weeks we cover about 9000km in a 4WD camper. Our route take us from Darwin to Perth via Lietchfield NP, Kakadu NP, Katherine, Nitmiluk NP , Tenant Creek, Devil�s Marbles, Alice, Uluru, Kings Canyon, Mereenie Loop, MacDonnell Ranges, Tyler Pass, Papunya road, Tanami, Halls Creek, Purnululu NP, Gibb River Road, Broome, Eighty Mile Beach, Karijini NP, Coral Bay, Shark Bay NP, Geralton, Cervantes, Nambung NP� I know it is not the shortest road from Darwin to Perth but probably the best to discover Australia. Landscape and wildlife are marvellous, the weather idyllic - no clouds before Cervantes � and Australians are very nice. My young son -10 years old- said it�s my best holiday. He saw crocodiles jumps in the Adela�de river, he paddled around freshies in the Katherine river, he swam with turtles in Coral Bay, he fed dolphins in Monkey Mia and watched kangaroos everywhere� Photography is my first hobby. So I am pleased to share some pictures of our trip. Comments are welcome.

Regards,
Juan
Pictures of Australia

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#272911 10/04/06 04:34 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Juan

Great pictures!!! It sounds like you had a terrfic trip and saw a lot of our outback.

And - the imporatant thing - when there's a sign in Australia that says "No Swimming" we really mean it! (what with crocs, bluebottles, sharks.....)

Monkey Mia is a special place. In Queensland (where I am) we go to Moreton Island to feed dolphins.

When you next get to come to Australia, you should try to make it from May to August and visit Queensland to see the Humpback Wales migrating (Hervey Bay is the best place for that!).

Megan McConnell
#272912 10/04/06 05:15 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
Australia is a wonderful country. My husband and I have been around the block as they say. We are just off to Hervey Bay now in our caravan to see the Humpback Whales an stay for a couple of weeks.

At the moment the Killer Whales are here on The Gold Coast.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
M
M
Hi platypup

Your trip sounds wonderful. I am an Australian currently posted in Wuxi, China, teaching English. I wanted to travel around Australia first before going overseas so that I could be a better and more knowledgable ambassador for our country, but could not miss out on an opportunity that arose so the home trip will have to be put on hold. Also I do not want to put a time frame on my trip but take my time and spend as much time in one place that appeals to me more than some of the others without having to worry about getting back for commitments or whatever. It is the best education you son will ever have, a true life experience. Experience is the best teacher and that is the approach we take with out English teaching over here so incorporate real-life experiences as much as we can into the classroom or alternatively role-play. I do not miss home as much as I thought I would but I am having a little difficulty in adjusting to the pollution as I have been very fortunate to live in places with minimal or no pollution in Australia and I am not used to it. Do not miss the water restrictions though. I come from Bribie Island, Queensland, where things were getting pretty drastic water-wise before I left. I have just spent a week in Hong Kong where it is lovely and clean and very organised so looking forward to going back. Also saw Macau which was interesting. When I first thought of travelling around Australia many years ago, many of my family and friends were horrified at the thought of a woman travelling on her own, but now I believe everyone is doing it, and single women are a common sight on the trail. Good to talk to another Aussie. Good luck in settling back in, but my guess is you will be planning your next trip before long, once you have recuperated and the boredom of every day life starts to hit.

Moneyspinner

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.