Print Thread
R
rhani Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
R
Welcome!

Once again, I want to thank you for taking the time to visit the bellydance site at Bellaonline.com. Share all the recent articles with friends and other belly dancers in the community. We all gain knowledge by sharing.

The last newsletter that I sent out, I spoke of why I named the newsletter The Dancing Lotus. Even though I am the editor of the bellydance site, I feel it is important to build our bodies in a spiritual way. Therefore, these newsletters will contain information on the lotus flower (history, tales, etc.), a featured goddess, and a featured chakra.

Stories of the lotus flower:

Gods in the Hindu faith such as Vishnu, Brahma, and Lakshmi have ties to the lotus flower, especially Brahma and Lakshmi who take their seats on the flower itself.

You may recall in the last newsletter, the muddy waters where the lotus flower comes from, represents a spiritual journey. In the Hindu faith, the muddy waters symbolize attachment and desire, so once a full grown flower, the lotus then means a person is pure from such attachment.

In Asia, there is a tale about of a ten-year old girl named Rourou. It is said that this Falun Gong practitioner rides on a lotus flower, visiting paradise. The lotus flower speaks to her words of wisdom.

As belly dancers, it is important to cultivate a true spirit of peace, wisdom and harmony with others who share the passion. As that lotus flower we can radiate from inside, out. Let's look within ourselves and others for inspiration.

Namaste,
Ronnette Ramirez, Bellydance Editor

Featured goddess:

In this newsletter, I want to feature the goddess Freyja. She is a celtic goddess, who was worshipped by ancient northern and eastern Europeans. Freyja, the daughter of time, is quite independent and bold. She wears a powerful jewel on her breast, yet people prayed to her to resolve conflicts.

Interestingly, before Orion, the constellation was Freyja. Today, some German surnames are from her.

Featured chakra:

The crown chakra is located at the top of your head. As you may know, there are seven chakras that run from toe to head. Even though we can not see our chakras, they are there as our sources of energy. Through meditation and exercise, we can tap into our chakras.

Great knowledge and liberation flow from the crown chakra, since it is the most active. Once you connect with this chakra, you can then unite with the Divine.

Belly dance choreography tip:

Travel steps in your routine are very pleasing to the eye. Keep your audience in mind. You don't want to bore them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I
beautiful!!!!

Moderated by  rhani 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.