logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#270929 09/27/06 01:59 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Want to know more about Christianity and Creation. What to know if their is proof out there that will help you explain why you believe in creation? Is there Science that will back up the belief in Creation or is it just that belief?

Check out this site and you will have all the ammunition you need to defend your faith with historical and scientific facts.

http://www.leestrobel.com/LS_Creator.htm

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#270930 09/27/06 09:45 PM
Gecko
Gecko
You should come out my way... Arizona and New Mexico... at least log on to Google earth and take a look at the topography. I think there is alot of evidence of a flood....

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
#270931 09/27/06 10:04 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I was there .. We drove from Calgary AB down to Albequerque and stayed at Santa Fe for a couple of days. We wanted to go to the grand canyon but it was just too far away to fit into our 1 week vacation. Beautiful Country, the geography was so interesting.

#270932 09/27/06 10:06 PM
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
"Patience you are forgetting that at one time all the continents were joined as one large one. It is throughout time that Austraila has moved away from the Middle East thanks to teutonic plate movement.
We don't have a date for the flood. It could have been during the time of the dinosaurs for all we know. It was realtively not too long after Adam and Eve left Eden."
You are looking at the world as it stands today and not as looked then."

No, Carennedy,I haven't forgotten that at all. That is the WHOLE POINT of my argument!

If you read the information on the link I gave:

http://encarta.msn.com/text_761568792__1/Australia.html

You'll see why. I gather you didn't read it, because if you did, you wouldn't have made the above comment!

And take note of the section regarding animals, and the whole information on the times of the things you mention, you will plainly see the point.

If in fact this occurred MILLIONS of years ago, which it would have had to do if it was before Australia separated from the other continent mass, then I ask you to be logical and see how impossible such a task would have been for PREHISTORIC man to be BUILDING A VESSEL LARGE AND SOPHISTICATED ENOUGH TO HOLD LITERALLY MILLIONS OF DIFFERENT SPECIES!!! If humans existed at that time, they were still grunting in their caves!

Do you know how HUGE this world is? Do you know that Australia is almost as big as the USA? How did Noah GET there? How did he collenct ALL these species?
I repeat again:

" Many of the native plant and animal species are endemic, meaning they do not naturally occur elsewhere. They developed only on the Australian continent because it was isolated from the wider world for more than 50 million years."

So you are saying that Noah travelled to Australia
MORE than 50 MILLION years ago? COME ON!!

Please read the facts and do some honest research before making such statements. We are not even sure that there WERE humans on the planet 50 million years go! Even 30 thousand years ago when the aborigines came to Australia (and possibly earlier) all human life on the planet was very primitive and would have been incapable of building such a sophisticated vessel as the ark would have had to have been to carry two of every species on the earth . And just imagine how long it would have taken to collect every single species that existed - knowing that there were even MORE then than there are now. And if you are going to ignore the millions of species that exist now, don't forget that if the world flood happened, the'd HAVE to have been on the ark or they wouln't be here TODAY!!

This theory of the world flood and Noah rescuing two of EVERY species in the world sounds just like those few people who still argue that the world is flat!

Patience - whose patience is fast running out!

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

#270933 09/27/06 10:19 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I know that I have agrued the point for the Flood but I do want to also bring to your attention that archeologists did find a tablet that told about a man named Noah who built a raft and saved his family and some animals during a flood in a valley. It was a localized flood and not one that spread throughout the world.

http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/ixbin/goto?id=OBJ1737

I don't want to confuse the argument or sound like I don't believe the Bible to be the word of God, I just wanted to bring this archeological find to your attention.

If you are interested in learning more about historical evidence for the flood check out this webpage:

Noah's Ark on the Web

#270934 09/27/06 10:22 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
No, Carennedy,I haven't forgotten that at all. That is the WHOLE POINT of my argument!

If you read the information on the link I gave:

http://encarta.msn.com/text_761568792__1/Australia.html

You'll see why. I gather you didn't read it, because if you did, you wouldn't have made the above comment!

Your right Patience, I did not take the time to check out the website, I was on my lunch break at work and didn't want to get too into it without having the time.

Once I get the kids to bed I will take the time to do so.

#270935 09/27/06 10:41 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Here is an archeological site that that have found evidence of the arc.

Wyatt Archeological Research

#270936 09/28/06 03:40 AM
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
"You should come out my way... Arizona and New Mexico... at least log on to Google earth and take a look at the topography. I think there is alot of evidence of a flood.... "

Wasn't this, along with the Grand Canyon and many other similar geographical examples, the result of the ending of the Ice Age?

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

#270937 09/28/06 07:12 AM
L
Shark
Shark
L
I thought the Grand Canyon was formed by a meteorite hit?

I don't think any mainstream scientist believes in the flood, the creation story, or any of the other incredible Bible stories.

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG
#270938 09/28/06 07:47 AM
I
OP Offline
I
love apple, the people that drowned in the flood, were not innocent. Let's have a look at the most violent country on earth right now. Liberia, or some other country. Because that country has no laws, anything goes, so, what if everyone on earth became like that? I'd destroy everyone on it too. If I was good.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.