logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#270013 09/21/06 03:19 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have in-laws who are total religious nuts. They are believers in "Christian Identity", for you lucky folks who do not know what that is, they believe more or less that White people are "God's Chosen People" (whatever that means) and it goes downhill from there.

That is only the TIP of the iceberg with how weird they are. Their 4 older boys left home as soon as they could support themselves. With their 4 younger children, they have no birth certificates, no SSN, they homeschool them, (as I did mine in the past but do not do now), they are allowed no radio, no tv, no food with sugar and only organic food on top of that. They are allowed no "outsider" friends. They are being taught to hate.

Ever since I married, I would put up with snide remarks from them on this or that, or on how we are raising our children, but I let it go as to try and avoid upsetting my husband by having bad feelings with his family.

About 6 months ago, we took the children over to visit their grandmother. A few days later my son, while I am giving him a bath goes "Scrub these off of me Mommy", he was referring to the little temporary tattos the kids like to wear. He was really upset. I asked him what was wrong and he goes "Aunt Debbie said these are against the Bible and it is bad to wear them". I told him it was OK and calmed him down.

I was SO mad. I called her the next day and asked her if she did say that to him. She finally admitted it and I lost it with her. How DARE someone tell me and my husband how to raise or not raise our children and I told her I did not EVER want her to do that again. I said it is our job on how to guide him, not hers. She said he was an "innocent' and shoud be told these things. I asked her if SHE would like it if I say gave her children tracts on how to avoid having religious nuts for parents. She didn't bother answering that.

Their children, everyone in our family is worried for them. According to the Govt. they cannot even prove they exist. Ever travel really, not get drivers licenses, any of that.

It is sad, and they are trying to US how to raise our children! And they profess to be "Christians".

"All of us invent ourselves. Some of us just have more imagination than others."

Cher
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#270014 09/21/06 05:08 PM
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Moonshadows,

My advice is to pack up your family and move as far away as possible.These people are obviousley unstable.

#270015 09/21/06 11:02 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Moonshadows,

That sounds like a cult... this is what I mean, if a church makes you uncomfortable, don't go! It amazes me how some people totally miss the message of the gospels!

Loveapple,

I'm glad your doing something about what was obviously a bad situation, but just remember it doesn't mean everone who identifies themselves as Christian are like the people you experienced at that church.

And Moonshadows,

It's just that kind of Christian who give the rest of us a bad name. they do everything but love! They have a list of rules a mile long... doesn't sound like grace to me! You should ask your husband what he thinks about all this. Ask him to talk to his Aunt on your be-half about toning it down around you and your family. If he won't, then simply decide not to be around them. You don't have to go to every family function.... Your still the mother...

Last edited by BiblBasixEditor; 09/21/06 11:04 PM.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
#270016 09/22/06 03:24 AM
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Quote:
Moonshadows,

That sounds like a cult... this is what I mean, if a church makes you uncomfortable, don't go! It amazes me how some people totally miss the message of the gospels!

Loveapple,

I'm glad your doing something about what was obviously a bad situation, but just remember it doesn't mean everone who identifies themselves as Christian are like the people you experienced at that church.

And Moonshadows,

It's just that kind of Christian who give the rest of us a bad name. they do everything but love! They have a list of rules a mile long... doesn't sound like grace to me! You should ask your husband what he thinks about all this. Ask him to talk to his Aunt on your be-half about toning it down around you and your family. If he won't, then simply decide not to be around them. You don't have to go to every family function.... Your still the mother...

No of course not every Christian is spiritually abusive, but many people who describe themselves as pentecostals seem to be because of what they believe!

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.