logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art45885.asp

Escape School and The Safe Side are programs meant to teach children how to avoid abduction. Which is most appropriate for your child?

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
We have The Safe Side. My 4.5 year old loves it and has learned a lot. Super Chick is sooooooo funny and quirky. Not too scary which is what I didn't want...

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yeah, my 3 yr old got a lot out of the safe side. I made my 8 yr old watch it too.

I highly recommend Escape School too for a child over 5, it's great and really gives the kids a feeling of empowerment.

Meg

Meg
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Gecko
Gecko
Do you think it would be approprite for a non-verbal child?

I'm wanting to find something for my son but I have no real way of knowing what he has gotten out of it. Or if he has learned anything.

Parakeet
Parakeet
What does ESCAPE SCHOOL tell children they are escaping from?? I'm trying to keep my kids as innocent as possible for as long as possible...

David knows someone might try to take him but all we've said is that some people out there don't have children and might want a child as special as he is. We have not told him that strangers sometimes really hurt children and will not be doing so for quite awhile.

Gecko
Gecko
Jan, I wish I could do that. My son has had a kidnapping threat against him, so I feel he needs to know.

Parakeet
Parakeet
oh my...how did it happen?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
You can screen the video before you take them to a seminar.
As for keeping them innocent, well, that's a different issue. Also, it's not always strangers who could hurt a child, most of the time it's someone who has befriended the child or their parents.

ES mostly applies to older kids, I can't see you allowing your son to play alone. I don't let my kids play outside alone, and mine are much older than your son. It should be a must for any child who goes to school.

Anyhow, it teaches the kids what to do if they are pulled into someone's car, how to run away from someone trying to abduct them, if they are taken to a hosue how to get attention of the police and others, how to clog a toilet in order to get the abductor to be busy so they can escape, etc.

Samten - I dont think being non-verbal will have an effect on how he takes to the movie, but I think your son would be a bit too young yet. You certainly could try and even introduce the concepts now.

dont know - a person you dont know
kinda know - someone you kind of know
safe side adult - an adult they can trust (they need 3)
safe space - basically personal space no don't or kinda know needs to be in.

HTH,
meg

Meg
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.