logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#267888 09/11/06 06:10 AM
A
OP Offline
A
A few years ago I read a sci-fi trilogy that I want a friend of mine to read, the only thing is I can't find it in the library and the title and author has gone completely out of my head! The plot was a basic of 4 or 5 (can only seem to remember 4 but I'm certain there was 5) completely different people being "chosen" to save the world from these demons. There is all kinds of old Folklore and legend from Irish to Celt plus the landmarks like Stone Henge are old "travel roads" where they can travel across England in energy streams.
The first book starts off with the main male character seeing a man being murdered under a bridge, but he can't remember the face of the murderer because it was a demon that was morphing his face to look human.
One of the female characters was called Laura and there was an Asian male character who was bi-sexual who was haunted by the ghost of his dead lover.
I have all 3 books going through my head so theres loads more I can write, but not sure I'll get it right! If anone can help, even with just the title of one of the books, I'd be most grateful! [color:"brown"] [/color]

Sponsored Post Advertisement
LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Doesn't sound familiar to me, but if you figure it out let me know. Sounds interesting.

E
Koala
Koala
E
The Stonehenge Gate by Jack Williamson?

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
A
OP Offline
A
Nope not the one, but I did check just in case. It sounds an interesting read. The books were a few years older than that one.

Trying to make sense of all the bits of them that I remember.
One of the female characters dies after being forced to "incubate" the head demon so he could be reborn but for some reason comes back but with a kind of plant like origin, like aloe for blood and what not. The four of them (the 5th I now remember was a kind of guidance councellor on how to use their new weapons/powers/transport) fight a group of different demons that were tormenting a village, basically they were going into houses and stealing the occupants for food, but they couldn't enter through a locked door, the things weren't strong enough and they discovered that they were able to get into some peoples houses because the local toffs' were breaking into them first so they could get rid of the "unworthy" i.e. single mothers, drunks etc. etc.

I hope this helps anyone else reading this also. It's beginning to become one of those things that I need to find the answer to as it is doing my head in!

Moderated by  SF/FBooks Evelyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.