Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I learned the news of his tragic death a little while ago when they mentioned it briefly on the 10 pm Los Angeles news saying breaking news from australia.

But nothing else so I went in search and found this, already 500 comments on the story.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

I hope the stations like National Geographic and animal planet do tributes to him tomorrow and the other national cable shows start talking about this.

My son just loves Steve Irwin and we have the videos, especially the one Steve did on the birth of his daughter who is now eight.

The story says his wife is in tasmania and might not be aware of his death yet.

It just happened and is breaking news.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
B
Yeah, I was saddened to hear of this, too. At least it happened while he was doing what he loved to do.

I put up a story here on it: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art45673.asp

Barbara, Luxury Travel Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My kids and I loved to watch Steve's adventures. Although, I lost a bit of respect for Steve when he used his one month old son as a publicity stunt 2004.

I still have an incredible amount of admiration and respect for a man who can get people to consider the care and needs of nasty things like spiders, snakes and crocodiles. He was very obviously full of life and love for all living animals and especially for his sweet family. I believe most people knew that Steve Irwin would not die lying down in bed but doing what he loved mostin this lifetime and my God if you can go out doing what you are passionate about what else could one ask for in the end.

I am saddened for his wife and children and friends, who will have to live with out his beautiful energy to guide them every day. May they find peace in the days ahead and know that Steve is still with them.

Angels above them, angels below them, angels all around them to bring them peace.

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
I just cant believe he is gone,As an animal lover myself it saddens me deeply how he has been taken away from us.He was a great Australian and its people like him that make me proud to call myself an Aussie, he will be missed so much.

My thoughts at the moment are with his wife terrie and their two children but mostly my thoughts are with all he animals out there who will be alot worse off without him.In the paper this morning it was stated that Steve was a great example of how on person could make such a wonderful difference in the world - how true.

It just goes to show that we just dont know when our time is up so we have got to live life to the fullest.

Life is not fair.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Yeah. What a way to go.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
T
Shark
Shark
T
An Australian Icon has gone. His Australia Zoo is not far from me and they are having a memorial service Wed 20th Sept there. 5000 people will be there including our Prime Minister and millions watching it around the world.

Rest in Peace..Steve. Your work will continue.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
If you missed seeing Steve's memorial service, you can watch it online at: http://mp3.news.com.au/bcm/irwin-funeral.html

The Courier Mail (our Queensland newspaper) also has a flash online book presentation at: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/extras/steve_irwin_tribute/index.htm

Megan McConnell

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.