logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265392 08/28/06 08:00 AM
OP Offline
I have dark, just above waist-length caucasian hair.
After having major surgery and being taken care of for two months, my hair was one large tangle.
After speaking with a stylist instructor about this, I did an overnight kolestral treatment and a half-day of detangler liquid (Paul Mitchell). I have all but a fist sized knot (it is really that big) detangled and brushable.
The tangle knot is at the base of my skull and is very very stubborn. And it really is the size of my fist.

The question is - is there anything else I can use to work these knots free? It is hard to hide in public and I am ashamed of how my hair looks and I have appointments to attend and a life to live.
My scalp really hurts after all this pulling and detangling, but I HAVE to get this HUGE tangle out - I want my pretty hair back!
This is really freaking me out!
HELP!!!!!

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
- Epicurus (341 BC - 270 BC)
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I would use some special conditioner that is made to avoid tangling of your hair. Almost all conditioners do that, but look for specific products, as well in conditioner as in shampoo. That should give you a start.

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I have dealt with this with a client that had the same thing happen after an extended stay in the hospital. Unfortunately, I don't know of anything more than what you have already used. Have you tried having someone else work on the knot? - Someone who can work at it from a different angle and see what they are doing.

OP Offline
thanks Lynne!
Yes, my mother actually came over to try helping me with it, but I started crying (silently)from the pain of having my hair pulled on for 3 hours. When she saw the tears, she was afraid to help me again.
I told her I was dealing with it, but she felt terrible that I was in pain from the brushes pulling out hair and now is reluctant to help with it again.

Do you think that if I called a beauty school or college cosmetology dept. that they would help me and not charge me a zillion dollars to work on this? Honestly, I am exhausted from working on it to no avail, but I have to get this fixed before this big tangle or knot gets bigger and I end up n the same fix as before.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
- Epicurus (341 BC - 270 BC)
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Yes I think that a beauty school would be a good idea. They won't charge as much and the students will be able to take their time and work on it.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Use something like the tail end of a rat tail comb. It's smaller than fingers and can get into the tangles better.

T
T
You might try applying baby oil to the rat- we use WD-40 in the horse business to detangle bad tangles in manes, but I don't think that would be good next to your scalp. The oil will wash out, but will greatly reduce friction and should help.

Gecko
Gecko
I would also recommend oil, but something natural, like olive or almond or grapeseed or jojoba oil. Not too much, of course, but a little might help, esp. if the tangling is in part due to dryness.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.