Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
W
I didn't really know where to put this as there isn't a "Christianity" forum. But did anyone see the NBC Today show this morning? They did an interview with a gentleman named Miranda, the pastor of a group called Growing in Grace (creciendo en gracia, I think) who says he's Jesus Christ returned to earth.

WildFern
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
No I didint see it but christ warned us there would be many in the future that would claim to be him

Shark
Shark
Why would anyone claim to be Jesus when He Himself taught that he would come back in Glory? talk about dreams of grandru!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Yea freebubbles I know...lol..

Koala
Koala
I saw that one. The guy was wearing an Armani suit and had a diamond pinky ring. They said he drove a Rolls and traveled with a mini-army of body guards.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Interesting.... Very unchrist like to be sure.

This is the reason we must know what we believe and why so that we won't be led astray like others who are obviously financing this guys lifestyle.

What I find most interesting is that today's media is giving him his 15 min of fame exposing him to others who may now believe him. Note I did not see it but I'm about to google it to find out more. The more we light up the truth for true seekers the better.

Here's the guys site. To see him freaked me out, gave me the hee bee geebees.... http://www.growingingracespanish.com

Last edited by Carennedy; 08/26/06 02:27 PM.
Koala
Koala
Looks like he's got quite the following going. Folks are handing over their pocketbooks left and right to this guy.

Shark
Shark
I think if Jesus Christ walked right up to me He would ask for more then my money (He would know i dont have any!!!) and if He did I would know something was up!!! why would Jesus Son of God have anyuse for a piece of paper with numbers on it? I feel the same way with churches that have there hand in my pocket every sunday too and guilt trip me if i dont GIVE TILL IT HURTS AND LOVE IT!!! HA!!! Where in the bible does Jesus ask for money? our lives, hearts, thing even our lunch but paper and coins? GIVE TO GOD WHAT IS GODS AND GIVE CEZAR WHAT IS CEZARS!!! 10% of EVERYTHING to God and what you are lead to give to humanity charity and taxes to uncle sam!!! that all folks no roll and rolex for the divine sorry hey if i could be every where all the time and control time and make the univerus and rolls would be like a cracker jack toy!!! not impressive!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
T
Shark
Shark
T
There is certainly many sick people out there. They claim to be any one and any thing. Some how I would think we would know if it was Jesus Christ talking to us.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Don't be too sure. In his book The Jesus I never Knew Philip Yancey takes a look at the real Jesus in historical context. He was a radical that was stirring up the status quo, he wasn't the messiah that they were expecting to free them from Roman rule.

It is a good book and an interesting read as it asks the questions if you were there would you think he was the son of God?

My husband once said if he'd been at the cruxifiction he would have stood by Christ, but how could he know?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.