logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#263880 11/18/06 09:21 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I do not use a rotary cutter...I draw all my pieces and cut them out...I use needle and thread...I do not use any gadgets...just a thimble on my middle finger to push the needle through. My thumb is a callous...but I can't help it..I love doing it the old fashioned way..just like my grandmother and mother. I like doing the appliqued Country Heart. It is one of my favorite patterns. I am quilting for my mom now. She has made all us kids, 7 of us, a quilt with a cloth calender in the center, and rows around it to make up the quilt. She has circled all our birthdays, and printed our name on our month..I guess you could call it a birthday quilt. I have finished four of them. Sure keeps me busy.

'If you see someone without a smile...give them yours'.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#263881 01/04/07 12:40 PM
P
P
I don't have chronic problems with my wrists, but I had started to several years ago. My job keeps me at the computer most of the day. I moved my mouse and trained myself to use my left hand for mousing. (Naturally, if you're left handed, you'd do the opposite.) The aches went away and, after all these years, I almost never end up with painful wrists.
When I'm piecing or quilting by hand I've noticed that if I remember to let my fingers and thumbs manipulate the needle and quilt instead of my whole hand, the wrist gets less of a workout and I don't end up with aches and pains. When I forget - ouch!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.