Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I have always loved how people of certain belief systems hijack a word to SAY it means something that it was NEVER intended to mean, to reflect their own belief system and condemn someone else.

For example, I was raised a Seventh Day Adventist, they claim that Catholics aren't Christians because they worship idols in the form of statues that they have. That was never part of the definition of Christian.

The same has happened with Pagan at the hands of Christian, they use it to mean someone is worshiping Satan when thats not true at all. Christians often take the stance that if your not "with" them worshiping the same way, your against them. I'm sure Christians aren't the only ones with that hang up though.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
Which is hysterical since Satan is a Christian construct and therefore in context means that a Christian calling someone a pagan with that meaning thinks that that person is a type of Christian... if you follow my meaning.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I guess as the new editor to the Pagan site I should throw my answer into the mix. I am an eclectic Pagan, and no, Wicca and Paganism aren't the same thing. Like Jase said, Wiccans are Pagans but not all Pagans are Wiccan.

I belong to a local druid grove that is part of the larger organization, �r nDra�ocht F�in (or ADF for short). Roughly translated it means, our own druidry. However, I also have my own personal practice which draws upon reconstructionism, ceremonial magick, chaos magick, Wicca, and hedge witchcraft. So, as you can see I draw upon many sources for my practice.

I've been a Pagan close to 20 years and before I knew that is what I would be calling myself, I was already questioning the information being presented to me.

Wiccans are definitely welcome in this forum as well as those of other faiths. I'm glad to have the opportunity to meet so many people with differing views here even if it is in the virtual world.;)

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 12/20/07 05:24 PM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.