Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#262589 08/08/06 10:23 PM
J
Jess81 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
A friend of mine said that belly dancing would be a great way to flatten my stomach. Is there any truth to this? I understand it would be better than sitting on the couch watch tv, but I never thought of it as real tummy toning exercise.

I'm not a belly dancer, so I don't really know, I'm just assuming belly dancing isn't good exercise.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I
hi there jess,good to see you,i have lost alott of weight with bellydance,
It does tone your tummy,the dancing i mean,as alott of the moves are around the tummy/hip area as well as the rest of your body,I personally do tribal style and find that gives me a great workout for my abs too.

you can add extra ab excercises to your routine if you want to,I dance each day,do callanetics twice a week for that extra strength to help me dance,they both compliment each other i find.

hugs

A
xxx

M
M
yes..bellydance definitely tones your stomach as well as keeping a nice feminine shape. I think with bellydance you can choose the various muscles you would like to tone, and if you keep it up, you will definitely see changes. For example, I don't like it when my tummy starts to tone too much, so I give those muscles a break. In fact I have given it a big break lately lol, but anyway.. if you want to exercise and enjoy and learn about your body, bellydance is a very good starting point;)

I
Amoeba
Amoeba
I
here here michelle,bet your belly looks amazing!

hugs

indy
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think I am going to start taking it at the gym. I also have the videos here at the house, and they also have a show called "Shimmy" that does it. For those of you that have done it...does it give you that coca-cola bottle shape?

*Transitions*
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Belly dancing, oh my i can't even picture me doing that;
yikes what a sight that would be ;o)

Rosie L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
LOL. Hi rosie, I took the class once and it was fun. Try it once, and see how u like it!

*Transitions*
Belly dancing is fun if you have flexible hips and you can rotate correctly. Helps a bit in burning calories and tones a little but if you notice, professional belly dances are notorious for their muffin tops and jiggly bits.

I would suggest 1 day a week of belly dancing to improve flexibility and take up latin, hip hop or body combat if your goal is to lose fat.
As for toning the muscles, keep to crunches and weight bearing exercises 3 times a week for 15 reps of 3 sets. You may not want six packs at this stage but there's nothing sexier than a seductive line that runs through your midsetion.

Hi Ninaredza, welcome to the forum; and
Thanks for the advice
Rosie

Rosie L
R
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
R
If you are taking a class, it is good to practice at home. As for that lean, looking body, it depends on your body type. For me, running just makes my leg muscles bulk, but for others, they are able to get a lean look. Find what works best for you. I have a better shape because of belly dancing. Other forms of cardio were not for me.

When you rotate your hips, just please make sure to tuck in the pelvis. Tucking in the pelvis works the abs. This prevents back injuries.

Ronnette Ramirez
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  rhani 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.