Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
kangtuo, asinmylife, izzy87, fanaledrinks112, sophaylavender
56995 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56995 Members
417 Forums
112504 Topics
795246 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 730
Beetlemess 707
Karm - SW USA Editor 283
Nancy Roussy 187
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 161
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 128
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 126
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 120
Linu 110
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#262589 - 08/09/06 02:23 AM Belly Dancing as exercise
Jess81 Offline

Loc: fl
A friend of mine said that belly dancing would be a great way to flatten my stomach. Is there any truth to this? I understand it would be better than sitting on the couch watch tv, but I never thought of it as real tummy toning exercise.

I'm not a belly dancer, so I don't really know, I'm just assuming belly dancing isn't good exercise.

Add Belly Dancing as exercise to Twitter Add Belly Dancing as exercise to Facebook Add Belly Dancing as exercise to MySpace Add Belly Dancing as exercise to Del.icio.us Digg Belly Dancing as exercise Add Belly Dancing as exercise to Yahoo My Web Add Belly Dancing as exercise to Google Bookmarks Add Belly Dancing as exercise to Stumbleupon Add Belly Dancing as exercise to Reddit
#262590 - 08/09/06 08:54 AM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise
indogia Offline
Amoeba

hi there jess,good to see you,i have lost alott of weight with bellydance,
It does tone your tummy,the dancing i mean,as alott of the moves are around the tummy/hip area as well as the rest of your body,I personally do tribal style and find that gives me a great workout for my abs too.

you can add extra ab excercises to your routine if you want to,I dance each day,do callanetics twice a week for that extra strength to help me dance,they both compliment each other i find.

hugs

A
xxx

Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Twitter Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Facebook Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to MySpace Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Belly Dancing as exercise Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Stumbleupon Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Reddit
#262591 - 08/22/06 02:45 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise
MichelleD Offline

yes..bellydance definitely tones your stomach as well as keeping a nice feminine shape. I think with bellydance you can choose the various muscles you would like to tone, and if you keep it up, you will definitely see changes. For example, I don't like it when my tummy starts to tone too much, so I give those muscles a break. In fact I have given it a big break lately lol, but anyway.. if you want to exercise and enjoy and learn about your body, bellydance is a very good starting point;)

Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Twitter Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Facebook Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to MySpace Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Belly Dancing as exercise Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Stumbleupon Add Re: Belly Dancing as exercise to Reddit
#262592 - 08/22/06 07:37 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise
indogia Offline
Amoeba

here here michelle,bet your belly looks amazing!

hugs

indy
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#413586 - 05/01/08 06:52 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise [Re: indogia]
Ms.D Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Miami, FL
I think I am going to start taking it at the gym. I also have the videos here at the house, and they also have a show called "Shimmy" that does it. For those of you that have done it...does it give you that coca-cola bottle shape?

#413599 - 05/01/08 07:41 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise [Re: Ms.D]
Rosie 66 Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Belly dancing, oh my i can't even picture me doing that;
yikes what a sight that would be ;o)

#413616 - 05/01/08 08:29 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise [Re: Rosie 66]
Ms.D Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Miami, FL
LOL. Hi rosie, I took the class once and it was fun. Try it once, and see how u like it!

#415796 - 05/07/08 02:51 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise [Re: Ms.D]
ninaredza Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Belly dancing is fun if you have flexible hips and you can rotate correctly. Helps a bit in burning calories and tones a little but if you notice, professional belly dances are notorious for their muffin tops and jiggly bits.

I would suggest 1 day a week of belly dancing to improve flexibility and take up latin, hip hop or body combat if your goal is to lose fat.
As for toning the muscles, keep to crunches and weight bearing exercises 3 times a week for 15 reps of 3 sets. You may not want six packs at this stage but there's nothing sexier than a seductive line that runs through your midsetion.

#415801 - 05/07/08 03:08 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise [Re: ninaredza]
Rosie 66 Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Hi Ninaredza, welcome to the forum; and
Thanks for the advice
Rosie

#416126 - 05/08/08 02:26 PM Re: Belly Dancing as exercise [Re: Rosie 66]
rhani Offline

BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Texas
If you are taking a class, it is good to practice at home. As for that lean, looking body, it depends on your body type. For me, running just makes my leg muscles bulk, but for others, they are able to get a lean look. Find what works best for you. I have a better shape because of belly dancing. Other forms of cardio were not for me.

When you rotate your hips, just please make sure to tuck in the pelvis. Tucking in the pelvis works the abs. This prevents back injuries.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  rhani 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Shaving for us women ?
by rhondaf43
Body Care
13 minutes 6 seconds ago
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 07:22 AM
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
Today at 06:04 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Rosie 66
Home Finance
Today at 05:54 AM
New game
by Rosie 66
History
Today at 05:46 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:47 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:45 AM
Santos Cage Doll SVG Cut File - First Steps
by Digital Art and Animation
Digital Art and Design
Today at 04:23 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 02:47 AM
Is it possible?
by kangtuo
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:54 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Rose Mordi), 89 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.