logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I just read an article about the war in the middle east as being a biblical prophesy for the end of times. This individual believes that we will see the return of Jesus in our life time.

I thought it would be fun to do a kinda Bible Study on prophesy. For both the first coming and the second coming of Jesus Christ.

I would like to challenge you to find a Biblical Prophesy and post it here to see how many we can find.

I'll give you some hints to start --

Check out Psalms, especially 22.
Check out the book of Daniel.
Of course Check out Isiah

What prophesies could you find? Was it to prophasize the first coming or the second coming? Has it come true? When? Are we still waiting for its fullfillment?

There are many threads within this forum as there are many parts of end of world prophesy. please reply to the post you are replying to so we know which thread your post is part of.

Last edited by Carennedy; 08/05/06 04:43 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
Eze 36:6 "Therefore prophesy over the land of Israel, preach to the mountains and hills, to every ditch and valley: 'The Message of GOD, the Master: Look! Listen! I'm angry--and I care. I'm speaking to you because you've been humiliated among the nations.
Eze 36:7 Therefore I, GOD, the Master, am telling you that I've solemnly sworn that the nations around you are next. It's their turn to be humiliated.
Eze 36:8 "'But you, Mountains of Israel, will burst with new growth, putting out branches and bearing fruit for my people Israel. My people are coming home!

Eze 37:21 Tell them, 'GOD, the Master, says, Watch me! I'm taking the Israelites out of the nations in which they've been exiled. I'll gather them in from all directions and bring them back home.
Eze 37:22 I'll make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel, and give them one king--one king over all of them. Never again will they be divided into two nations, two kingdoms.

Just so you know this is the prophecy we are hearing about concerning the Israeli/Lebanonise conflict:

Quote:
Eze 39:1 "Son of man, prophesy against Gog. Say, 'A Message of GOD, the Master: I'm against you, Gog, head of Meshech and Tubal.
Eze 39:2 I'm going to turn you around and drag you out, drag you out of the far north and down on the mountains of Israel.
Eze 39:3 Then I'll knock your bow out of your left hand and your arrows from your right hand.
Eze 39:4 On the mountains of Israel you'll be slaughtered, you and all your troops and the people with you. I'll serve you up as a meal to carrion birds and scavenging animals.
Eze 39:5 You'll be killed in the open field. I've given my word. Decree of GOD, the Master.'
Eze 39:6 "I'll set fire to Magog and the far-off islands, where people are so seemingly secure. And they'll realize that I am GOD.
Eze 39:7 "I'll reveal my holy name among my people Israel. Never again will I let my holy name be dragged in the mud. Then the nations will realize that I, GOD, am The Holy in Israel.

Israel became a nation in 1945.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Quote 1 -- Interesting how years before Jesus was born a prophet was able to prophesize that Isreal would be destroyed and sent every which direction in defeat and humiliation. Then they would come back as one nation again.

What has been amazing in Isreal's modern history, since 1945 is that they were successful in every battle even though they were greatly outnumbered. When you study the history you can see God in their continual successes in battle since 1945.

Anyone else see anything in the Bible that would confirm that these are indeed the end of times.

Or propheses that prove that Jesus was the Messiah.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Here is a link to a website that addresses the very issue of Isreal vrs Islam and how it was foretold by the prophets of old.

http://www.fallofislam.com/Bible_Prophecy.html

What do you think -- true or false?

Since I work in the Oil & Gas industry and am reading about it all the time I found this interesting:

http://www.raptureready.com/rr-oil.html

It is from the site Rapture Ready. The site is a study of the end of times and looks at a number of different authors and the news of today compared to the Biblical Prophesies.

Studying that website will take time as there is a lot of info, but anything stand out for you?

Shark
Shark
i have never followed war and polotics in or out of the Bible but somewhere in the Bible there is a verus that says you will not beable to tell the diferncees between the seasons, there will be fires, floods and dourghts... I think it talks about a ring of fire (valcanos,earthquakes...) any way I come from a line of farmes and ranches that watch the sky and weather so thats what has ALWAYS stood out to me!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
At present I am reading 1 John and came accross a passage regarding the Anti-Christs. 1 John is written by the aposle John, the beloved disciple. John also wrote Revelations so he can be concidered the expert on the end of world prophesy.

Quote:
1 John 2:18-23 "Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know the end of the world has come. These people left our churches because they never reallly belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left us, it proved that they do not belong with us. But you are not like that, for the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you know the truth. So I am writing to you not because you don't know the truth but because you know the difference between truth and falsehood. And who is the great liar? The one who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Such pepole are antichrists, for they have denied the Father and the Son. Anyone who denies the Son doesn't have the Father either. But anyone who confesses the Son has the Father also.

We are so busy looking for THE Anti Christ, the last one, that we allow other antichrists to effect our world.

Anti Christ is the one that teaches that Christ is not the Son of God and leads weak and non believers away from Jesus and God.

Who do you know that is an antichrist? Do you allow them to spread lies without denouncing them with the truth. Are you scared to debate them because you don't know all the truths?

These anti christs do more damage to humanity than the monsters in our world that we look to as being The Anti-Christ, Hitler, Saddam Hussain etc. These men are NOT the Anti-Christ because they did not lead the world astray, away from Jesus, that never was their intention. They are terrible hateful men, men we would think behave the way the Anti-Christ should, but don't be decieved. The Anti-Christ's aim will be to lead the world astray and he does so by using many anti-christs throughout history.

The inquisition, the Cathlic Church's worst hour, was lead and carried out by anti-christs. There are so many anti-christs in the Catholic Church's history and they have succeed in using the Church to turn others away from God. The 7th Day Adventists believe that all the Popes are the antichrists and that THE Anti-Christ will be a Pope. I personally think this is not completely true. I believe that there may have been antichrists within power in the church that lead others to make some bad decisions, but not all Popes are antichrists, deceived maybe, but not anti christs for they do preach that Jesus is the Son of God. However, many of the doctrine and actions within the Church do lead people away from Jesus and provide true antichrists ammunition. The Catholic Church needs to clean house, throw out bad unbiblical doctrine, so they can be a light unto the world again. Remember Mother Theresa was a Catholic nun and no one can say she lead people astray. Many priests, in fact most priests, help guide people to God.

The point I want to make is that antichrists can operate within the Church and corrupt parts of it. Know what parts are true and which are false by knowing the Bible, the word of God. Use the Truth to shine a light on these false doctrines, planted their by powerful antichrists.

Shark
Shark
Ok i can agree with most of that statement but dont you think its time for ALL churches (ALL denomenations) to clean house? I have a friend that was thrown out of an Epistpalyan church because her hair is short!!! yes they believe that women should have lond hair and never cut it but she has cancer and when she was little she had scarlet fever and she never had hair to begain with!!! she has been a member of the church sence she was a child and now at 70 something they kick her out?

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I think its time that every Christian evaluate the Bible and its truth then look at their lives and where they worship.

Even if the world goes on for another 1000 years, it doesn't matter - you could die tomorrow.

God is going to ask what you did with his Son. What is your answer? Did you turn away and by your example turn others away? or did you live your life as an example for others to see God and turn to him?

When I say an example, I don't mean a condecending judgemental hypocryte who thinks others sins are worse than their own. I mean, were you like Jesus? When God lead you to others in need did you say no and then justify it with, they'd only spend my money on drugs or alchol. Or did you look into their eyes and see their pain?

Now that I've totally taken this away from topic, Let me ask you, who do you see as an antichrist in today's world and why?

Shark
Shark
You just described them!!! the CHIRSTIANS that are condesending and hipocrits!!! a Great Precher once told me the only thing that scars people away from God is Chirstians that jugde and lord it over others tring to look like a "Good Chirstian" by making it look to hard and complecated and no fun to be!!!

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Today's sermon at my church was on this topic. Hypocrites and how Jesus told the church of Sardis in Revelation Chapter 3.

Jesus told them that although the world may see them as alive he saw them as dead because he knew the truth. Would he announce them as his to God in front of the angels on the day of judgement? No.

My husband has issues with churches and Christians. He was brought up to be suspious of all Christians and that they all were hypocrites and users. He said today's sermon talked directly to him and he was impressed because our pastor encouraged not only the congregation but also the leaders of the church to question their actions and attitudes. To create a report card of sorts to ensure that they were on the right path.

Once the sermon is on the website I'll post it here for all that are interested in this message.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.