Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261015 07/28/06 12:24 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
bit of history.

my husband and i started trying to conceive almost 10 years ago. over the years, we found out he is fine, but i have graves disease (treated in 1999), mild endometriosis (surgery 2002, 2003, 2006) and chronic uterine infection (dx and treated 2006). my tubes and ovaries are perfect, i ovulate every month, i have wonderful hormone levels and follicle counts. actually, my body thinks it's much younger than 35. so according to the dr's i'm super-fertile. but i've never been able to have a kid. the latest RE we saw in july said the uterine infection is the cause of the pain and infertility. i saw him for closure because we wanted to do ivf, then we ended up spending the money we had for it on car repairs. and then it really came to a point where jeff was completely done. no more. if it happens naturally, then it was meant to be. but he's tired of it.

i needed closure though. and i needed a reason for all this. so the last RE saw me earlier this month. he did a biopsy of my uterus, and it came back positive for infection like he figured it would. we treated it, and i had another biopsy wednesday to make sure it's better now. he doesn't know if there's permanent damage to my uterus or not though. so he still doesn't seem to think we are candidates for ivf. he said to try on our own if we're emotionally up for it (not sure if we are or not) for 3-6 months. if it's going to happen it should happen in that timeframe after treating this infection.

so i'm sort of here, but i'm not sure really. i want to try, but at the same time i'm so tired of being hurt by all this. and i'm at peace with life. i'm happy to have an answer to everything. and it seems like treating the infection has helped a great deal with the physical pain i was having.

but even if we don't try, i'd like to support those of you who are trying and struggling with infertility. if that's all right. it's the biggest beating in the world to have to endure, and so few people understand. i'm at the point now where life will probably be fine either way. but it took so many years to come to this realization. and now i'm just trying not to get my hopes up. but it's hard to stay grounded.

anyway, i'd like to help if i can. i've been through all the tests and most of the procedures (we didn't do ivf, and it seems like if we had it would have been a waste of effort considering the latest dx). if i could offer any insight or advice, i'd like to. i understand though if it's not welcome. after all, we never succeeded.

(((((hugs))))) to all.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Its been a rough day for me. Then I read your story. And somehow I feel...different knowing I'm not crazy to feel crazy. I recently had an IUI (I'm not good with all these acronyms) but started my period today. And for the first time I just fell apart.We've been at time for 4 years with the fertility testing and such. My husband is out of town and I'm sure I freaked him out over the phone. I don't really want to talk with anyone but somehow ended up here for the first time. I'm healthy but according to the doctors "just old" at 44. I had never really wanted children until my mid thirties and now I've had two miscarriges and many disappointments. My faith is shaken. How in the world has it come to this.

W
W
I think it's great that you want to offer your support and encouragement to those of us that are trying. It always helps me to talk t someone who has been through the things I am going through. I will look forward to your stories, triumphs, and encouragement.

Moderated by  Hannah - Infertility 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.