Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gemma20 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm based in the UK & am currently producing a TV program about the difficulties parents can be faced with when raising children. It could be anything from temper tantrums, to extreme financial demands, to messiness, to control issues - anything at all.
If you are struggling as a parent through no fault of your own, I would love to hear from you.
For more information, please contact me - gemma.chapman@shinelimited.com

We will be filming across the US from mid August to mid September.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
How about the good things our kids do and what good they bring into our lives? I see so much hate and anger from ppl who hate children and parents. They feed off of this kind of stuff. The stereotype of frazzled parents who can't stand being with their children is what drives me crazy!

Children are children, we're the adults. We need to stop blaming the children for driving us crazy and do something to change our attitude and help them grow in theirs.

Our children are in the formative years, do we want them to grow up thinking we resent them because they inconvenience us or cost us money?

Just my 2 cents.

Meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
meg i wish i could agree with you but i dont. my children DO drive me crazy on a daily basis. i have a 6 yr old with A.D.H.D a 3 yr old who is autistic and a 2yr old. i am always on my toes and i never have a break. my husband works all the time and is never here so that just leaves me to deal with them. noone will babysit cause my 3yr old is so violent. i didnt make her that way her bing autistic made her that way. and my 6yr old is hyperactive she never stops moving like i said before i didnt make her that way ADHD did. i find that my 2yr old is the best behaved out of all of them. he is a typical 2yr old but he actually able to sit without wanting to run all over and he isnt beating the [censored] out of everyone. just my opinoin on the subject. thanks candy

If you are always trying to be someone else how can you be yourself?
So try and be yourself more everyday that way you will never lose who you are.
M
Shark
Shark
M
WOW! I thought my "toddler years" were rough. My heart goes out to you. If you feel like starting a thread to just vent, I am sure it would be supported. I know I would need it!! Best wishes...

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Have you tried dietary changes?

It's not your children's fault they have these issues and it's not yours either. Believe it or not I can identify as my 3 yr old has a history of major violent episodes (which happens to be a big sign of a slow onset dairy allergy), my oldest has severe anxiety and it took 9 1/2 yrs for me to be able to leave her alone at dance class for 1 hour a week without her melting down and being in hysterics for days, sometimes weeks afterwards.

Still, one day you realize you are the parent and while your kids can't change, YOU can.

Do they drive me nuts somedays? Sure, but so does my husband, my best friends, my parents, my neighbors, heck even I make myself nuts...but in the end I get over it and go on and appreciate what I have, even if it's not perfect.

They can't change without our help and if we're always saying "you drive me crazy" it's not going to help.

Meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Shark
Shark
I actually agree with everyone so far. Kids will be kids but sometimes have issues that can push us to the edge. If I may be frank, if a parent is feeling on the edge and needing help, they need to get the help. Most department of social services offers voluntary help. Many hospitals, religious groups, community groups offer help. Your pediatrician's office can provide you with a list of resources in your community.

it isnt there diet it is just the why they are and i accept that. they are on meds that do help them but it will never cure the problems that they have. i dont think to many people know what i go through on a daily basis. i know not to many women can take constintaly(sorry about the spelling) being needed. my husband loses him mind if left alone to long with them. i am always on call as is every other mother in the world but sometimes i feel like noone gets what i go through. i love my kids they are my life! and i know god sent them to me cause he knows i can take it but you know when you cant even pee without kids running into the bathroom it is kinda hard. i sleep sometimes but others i am up all night dealing with either r.j.(the baby) and hope. i didnt sleep for 3 yrs until we got her on the meds that she is on. all she would do is scream all the time and that is something that takes a toll on you. still when she is haveing a bad week it is horrible on everyone in the house. you dont know the stares i get when hope loses it in public. all i can do is cry sometimes. i joke all the time and say i am gonna run away from home!LOL i would never do that it is just really hard sometimes. if i am not dealing with hope, i am dealing with kenzie and school, or r.j. has stuck something in his nose or ear or somewhere where it doesnt belong. thanks for the support and the difference in opinoin. it is good to know that i do have others to talk to. thanks candy

Last edited by hopekenzierj; 08/01/06 07:17 PM.

F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE, my kids drive me up the wall my two children 3 and 6yrs don't listen my daughter is a very smart girl she knows how to do things on her own I tell her to clean up her room she doesn't listen, it's still a mess. And my son when those two get together they will ran sack the apartment after I just cleaned up, it's no use sometimes I just want to give up. They don't take naps I tried to make them it doesn't work, and I'm so sad mad angry, they come in my room my policy is that no children are allowed to come into my room, it's my room where I get tranquility and peace I can't get any peace they come in anyway. My daughter is always picking on the baby he is always crying and she is so hard headed and it goes through one ear out the other. My son gets up every morning goes into the refrigerator takes out a whole full carton of juice and creates a flood my kids are lethal and spoiled their grandmother and great grandmother spoils them to much I can't wait for them to start school at one point I was glad that they were finished not anymore.

M
Shark
Shark
M
I am currently reading a book titled, "Sleepless in America, are your kids misbehaving or missing sleep?" It talks to the finer behaviors of our kids and our selves that are related to exhaustion. The studies on sleep issues seem to point to our, as a person, a family, a community, dealing seriously with schedules, tension, stimulants, etc. Every thing affects individuals differently. One child's ability to settle at night may be affected by a pop around lunchtime. Sometimes the lights going out, wakes you up. Plus, touch seems VERY important. Back rubs, foot rubs, lots of hugs through the day, etc.

Cause, hey, we all deal our cards better when we are awake!!

I know what it is like to go for years with out sleep. You are not a happy or effective mommy, and you are right, NO ONE really gets it. Guess what! My kids let me sleep now, but paramenopause is stealing my snoozes. Truely sucks!!!!!

tina girl i was reading your post and cracking up. my kids do the same exact things. it seems like sometimes like what is the use. hang in there we will make it together. thanks candy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.