Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
C
Has anyone read the book called "the final battle" by Hal Lindsy?

I have just finished reading it and it has touched me a great deal in the sense that I have a hunger for knowledge on the bible and what it means today....

There are so many things in the bible that was written over 2000 years ago that are comming true today and It was a real eye opener for me.

The book quotes sections out of the bible and explains the relevance to today in regards to the war e.t.c and how it all started back in genisis ( the reason for the conflict) and it also explains why there can never be peace because it is irreconcilable.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
C
I am supprised nobody here has read this book. It is most interesting and is full of quotes from the good book concerning the "end times"

I guess it is hard to face the truth,It is happening right before our eyes.

L
Shark
Shark
L
The Bible was written by many different authors a very long time ago. Some of it is good and there is wisdom in the book, but some of it is bad. As for so called prophesy, I think you can make the Bible say whatever you want it to. A whole industry has been spawned by end times cultists who would be funny if they weren't so sad, imo!

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG
Parakeet
Parakeet
Loveapple for someone who has read the Bible you sure are very misinformed and have a lot of mislead statements that you do not back up with any proof, just misguided opinions.

Check out the Biblical Prophesy Forum to discover why loveapple is wrong

L
Shark
Shark
L
I think that people who believe in the end times are misguided, it is all a matter of opinion and belief not fact!

C
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
C
I consider myself more of a buddhast when it comes to religion but at the same time I dont dismiss the bible and I believe 2000 years ago a beautiful man graced this earth and his name was jesus.

I must say I disagree with you in regards to the end times. I think we are indeed living in the end times and the signs are all around us to see... Some people are in huge denial and that is puzzling to me but not supprising.I see things for what hey are and alot of people cant or wont do that.Sometimes the truth is scarey.

Gecko
Gecko
One of the hardest things to do is change what soemone believes.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
C
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
C
Yes this is true...

L
Shark
Shark
L
Quote:
I consider myself more of a buddhast when it comes to religion but at the same time I dont dismiss the bible and I believe 2000 years ago a beautiful man graced this earth and his name was jesus.

I must say I disagree with you in regards to the end times. I think we are indeed living in the end times and the signs are all around us to see... Some people are in huge denial and that is puzzling to me but not supprising.I see things for what hey are and alot of people cant or wont do that.Sometimes the truth is scarey.

But the end times were expected by the disciples in their day, and every generation since has expected them. I expect that in 2000 years time, if Christianity is still being practised, some might be talking about the end times then too!

C
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
C
I wish I could share your enthusiasm and belive that this beautiful planet which was lovingly created for us will still be livable but evidence suggests this will not be the case.

It is not possible for this plannet to survive another 100 -150 years ( and I am being very generous time wise here)

Do you know that the worlds population has doubled ( yes doubled) since 1948? The world is struggling to cope with all the people on it now. Half of the world is starving whilst the other half consume mother earths resources like its an innfinate supply and lets not forget about nuclear war - comming soon in our life time I am sure...

Estimate predict that even with people having less children that the worlds population will be 9 billion by 2050. It is currentley 6.5 billion and there are signs all around us that the earth is not coping with all the people on it.
We have managed to wipe out 1000s species of animals in the last 100 years alone but the goverments of the world insist there is not enough people!!!!! I dont get it.

If the goverments keep up with the mentality that people must have more children to keep population growth strong then we are sureley doomed.

Yes It says in the Bible that the end is near and I believe it. Not just because it says that in the bible but because I see the signs all around me every day but if you read the bible it is quite scarey how accurate it is in this regard to the end times considering it was written over 2000 years ago.

I can go on and on about this but I wont as I know you dont believe me and you have your own views.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.