logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260474 07/25/06 05:34 AM
OP Offline
Welcome to Poetry at BellaOnline.com

My name is Linda Sue Grimes, and I am the new Poetry site editor. I'm not new to BellaOnline. I have written for Philosophy, Republican Party, History, and I currently write for Spirituality in addition to Poetry.

I am excited about writing for the Poetry site. Poetry is my first love, along with music, and I will be writing all kinds of articles about a wide variety of issues in poetry.

I look forward to discussing poetry with poetry lovers and even with those who do not appreciate poetry. If you feel intimidated by poetry, you might benefit from taking my free course in Understanding Poetry on my Classic Poetry web site at http://stonegulch.com/understandingpoetry.html

Comments, questions, suggestions will always be welcome.

Thank you for visiting Poetry at BellaOnline.com!

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#260475 07/28/06 06:18 AM
C
C
i still dont get poetry, i never really thought it could mean anything, but i did think i could meann anything that made sense to me, like robet frosts stopping by a yellow woods on a snowy day i thought meant he was sad and going to die

anyway i do like some poems and not others if i don't understand them i dont like them

sincerely
conny

#260476 08/08/06 09:58 PM
Greetings Linda Sue,
I found your post about political poetry surfng today. I have not read any of the work you were apparently not too keen on. I thought perhaps you could let me know what you think of my latest effort in that genre.
Thanks.

The Wreck

I was racing down the highway of hypocrisy, measuring the distance by the headlights of my short sightedness. False confidence, the rush of speed and power holding me firm in its embrace.

I smiled to myself, secure in my justifications to build and profit from weapons that would kill for a God made in my own image.
Lost in my reverie, contemplating my complete freedom from conscience, the road of self-righteousness I was traveling narrowed. The canyon walls of cause and effect rose high above and pressed in upon me from either side.

I saw the hair-pin curve of consequences ahead and suddenly speed and power were my bane. The distance that had seemed so long, now drew near and my glory shone empty and useless before me.
I slammed on the brakes of desperation and prayed for mercy to the God of my own making but there came no answer.

The screeching of my realization straining against the pavement of false pride and heinous pretense rose in my ears like the sound of a million children screaming. Where the black lines of my destiny crashed through the guard rails of my humanity, I left the road.

I found myself standing on the edge of the highway, watching as the remains of my mortal existence were received by the eternal desert below, a glow rising into the night like the campfire of an ancient truth.

I turned to look back upon the road of horror from whence I came and there before me stood a child.
In her hand she held the bullet I had made for her, the bullet that killed her.

I have come to take you home where you will remember that we are one, she said.

She took my hand and together we walked out of that dark canyon of consequence and into the light of understanding.

Peace to All Souls
#260477 08/11/06 04:42 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hello Linda , I too have a passion for poetry and have been writing it for 20 years. I'm the founder of Today's Woman Writing Community and read a great deal of poetry everyday from talented poets.

Moderated by  Karena - Poetry Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.