logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
There are so many False statements being passed as truth that I thought I would start this forum as a way for others to find truth if they truly want to find it.

The point of this forum is not to continue the arguments put forth on the Holy Bible Forum or the Who started Christianity forum.

But as a resource for those seeking the truth. If you know a website, a book, a documentary, or another medium that reveals the truth post it here.

This will hopefully become a resource library for everyone to help seekers find the truth and for believers to defend Christianity with facts.

Last edited by Carennedy; 07/21/06 03:34 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
So I'll start.

The Bible - The New Living Translation Life Application Study Bible.

Books by Lee Strobel:

Case for Christ
Case for the Bible
Case for Easter

Websites:

[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Website

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/2005/001/
http://www.leestrobel.com/

Books:

Disappointment with God
The Jesus I never Knew
The Bible Jesus Read

Gecko
Gecko
I like Billy Graham and Joyce Meyer and John Hagee....

My fav Bible is the Message Bible

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
My church has their most popular series on the web. Most is very Biblical centered and aids in defending Christianity. One such series is nothing to hide, It is a reaction to the Davici Code. Very interesting.

http://www.rockpointe.ca/family/messages/sermons

Shark
Shark
I personaly like Max Lucado. his books are down to earth, and witty so you dont fall asleep reading dry fact after fact and he puts the bible into a new light and perspective too!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Max Lucado is a wonderful writer for those seeking answers to why. I find his writing to seeker for me, only because I've studied so much and I want to dig deeper and deeper into history and theology.

Shark
Shark
thats kinda where i am but i also want to learn the basic believes of other religions to but i want to look in to there religion there there eyes and not form a chirstion athurs eyes... there use to be a book that we had to read back in high school sunday school that had differant religions facts a kinda whos who of religions!!! I found that book fasanating until i started talking to people from those faiths and found that most of the book was VERY PREJUSTICE!!! Who wrote the book How to pray with the mind of GOd? that may not be the right name but the book is abouttaking the bible in context and applying it to life today like God intended. it has a lot of histroy and takes alot of the bible in Spirit and not word for word. i am not explaneing it right but it talkes about how people worship the bible as Gods word when God wanted us to use the bible as a manual to life and worship HIM. sorry this is not making more sense my husband is in the hospital and he will be there for a few days. hes in a lot of PAIN because a gland in under his jaw is infected and swollen about the size of my fist so i am cleaning house so my inlaws and mom dont think we live like pigs!!! lol fun times--not realy!!! my hubby sent me home because he could not relax and stay asleep worring about me!!! haha his in PAIN and on morphine and he worries about me!!! I keep telling myself God will take care of us but its hard!!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Finding peace in God is a choice. It means trusting that he will take care of everything.

Try giving it over to God. It's a simple prayer where you recognize that you have no control over the situation and you give it all to God to handle.

Dear God, I realize that I am not in control and I cannot effect the outcome of this situation. Lord I know you are in control and can effect the outcome, I give it over to you to take care of as you see fit. Although the result may not be exactly what I want I know it will be exactly what I need. May you use this situation for your glory and provide us with the comfort we so desire from you.

Shark
Shark
I said that prayer last night and my hubby may go home tomarrrow so.... THANK GOD!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.