logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Over a decade I began buying my toilet paper and napkins from Walmart because they were the only store that carried the Tree Free brand.

Wine Host, Italian Food, Library Sciences Host
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
Walmart has lots of organics now in both fresh fruits and veggies and in bottled and canned items. It's nice to see it there.

Joan

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I hope they build a Wal-Mart right on pier 39!

J
J
But what about other goods besides food? I did notice a small rack of Earth Friendly socks tucked in in the boy's department. AND in the Ladies Department there were two small racks of Hanes Organic tees and pj's. I guess that's going Green for Walmart....If you really wanta to laugh P&G has it's own Green website. laugh

T
J
G
G
Hi~ I have 5 WalMarts with 5 miles in any direction (Phoenix,AZ). WalMart is popping up everywhere. (So is, Target, Ross, WalGreens, Home Depot and the list goes on).

I own (and currently the only employee as well) of a reusable bag company (Greensak.com <--- plug).

I have studied and been a part of many programs that look into companies and making "green" changes. We *the people* are the largest corporation and we *the people* have to make the change. Walmart can sell organic pajama's all day, but it will not counter the thousands of other products that are not as friendly.

It is very simple. Stop buying so much. Buy things with less packaging. Reuse everything or give it to someone who will (post it on craigslist.com - someone wants it!)Put your cans, soda bottles, pizza boxes and milk jugs in the the recycling bin. Change your light bulbs. Ride your bike somewhere once a week. Turn the water off while brushing your teeth.

And last but not least - get reusable grocery bags (use your old beach totes etc...) or come to me greensak.com. Single use plastic bags are responsible for 12 million barrels of oil (every year),hundreds of thousands of animal death by choking and suffocation and one of the top 4 items found in litter.

Image if every single person (the people's corporation) did not use one plastic bag = 300 million plastic bags!

I can go on forever! but I won't. You are all welcome to email, I have hundreds of ideas that take little to no "personal time or energy" to do and sometimes takes *less* personal time and energy than the wasteful alternative.

I can't believe I went on and on..forgive me! Debi

Debi

Consider the environment before printing this email.

You Don't Have To Do Everything...
But You Should Do Something.

www.greensak.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Farjana_Environment_Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.