logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My tats are on my back, right above my left buttock. hubby has one on his arm and is getting another on his shoulder soon.

meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
for a woman I believe the sexiest part would be the shoulder
and biceps for a man.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I cringe when I see someone with a tattoo.

Parakeet
Parakeet
What gets me the worst is when I am in a restaurant and the waitress who sets my food on the table makes sure she sticks her tattoo right in my face. Gag!

Elephant
Elephant
Tattooed people don't care that untattooed people are that way, but untattooed people seem to really fret about tattooed people.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My brother came over and has new tats and they are super cool.. Beautiful bird above his chest are really hot... I know he is my brother, but he looks really good with them. Also has a woman on his biceps. My sister in law has some and she looks great too.

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
Shark
Shark
Possibly silly question:

I am a non-inked person but have always been fascinated by the stories behind individual tattoos and the people who own/wear/live in them. (Used to date a guy who had beautiful body art.) I have also always wanted to know this but was afraid it would be taken as a negative question.
I mean absolutely NO disrespect whatsoever by asking:

Are there appropriate and inappropriate times to show tattoos?
Is there tattoo etiquette?

Well behaved women rarely make history.....
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
This kind of goes along with the tattoo etiquette...When is it OK to ask about tattoos?

I saw this woman in a restaurant with this absolutely gorgeous tat of a fairy on her arm, extremely intricate. And I realized I kept staring at it, trying to pick out all the details (like I would do with a painting) when it hit me that this was a person I was staring at! So I got up and went over to her table and apologized for staring, but said I thought her tat was just fabulous!

We got into a short discussion, but I thought about it later, and I wondered if I should have interrupted her dinner? I just didn't want her to think I was staring at her tattoos because I thought she was weird. but because I thought it was beautiful!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Elephant
Elephant
You know, when it comes to tattoo ettiquette, there aren't any specific set rules. A lot of what is "ok" depends on the overall situation of the moment. At weddings, people sneak over to me to talk about my tattoos. At small parties in friends' homes, someone might yell out across the room for me to show something off, and sometimes I do.

As far as showing or not showing, that's an individual call. I usually don't make any special efforts to not show my tattoos, however, in the past, I did for a set of grandparents who just would have been really disturbed by them. My other grandmother knew all about them and I wore a sleeveless top to her memorial as it's the same sort of outfit I would have worn to have lunch with her.

I recently had a job interview and wore a top that let some ink show as it was for a retail position and I wanted to make sure the owner wasn't going to have any issues with them (she didn't say anything).

I have one on my right hip.... it is like 3 inches to the right of my belly button and down 2.. it is the perfect spot for me because it is easily covered by certain outfits (dressy) yet easily shown off as well..... I want to get another though.... What does everyone think about the ankle? Oh and the tattoo in the small of your back is now referred to as the "hoe tat" Thank you Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers.

*** A dream is a wish your heart makes ***
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.