logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#254669 06/20/06 04:09 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Any one has personal experience of using a Vitamin and finding change in hair health?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I don't have the personal experience that you ask for but I have seen the results of lack of proper vitamins and of poor nutrition. Dry brittle hair that doesn't grow.

S
S
Hi !

I can't honestly say I've seen a change in hair from using vitamins - I occasionally take cod liver oil. But I like to think that hair does benefit from vitamins so I occasionally rub through some cod liver oil (squeezed out of a capsule or 2) into my hair, and also evening primrose oil; I tend to do the cod liver oil now & then say a couple of hours before I shampoo as it smells very fishy ( not everyones' cup of tea!).I'm lucky enough to have hair which is in really good condition anyway so I can't say if my vitamin oils really make a difference other than making me feel like I'm treating my hair. I think if you do use vitmain oils in your hair, it's a good idea to do a warm water rinse first, then oil immediately , cover with cling film wrap/saran wrap and leave in for at least 30 mins before you wash out.

I put down my good hair condition to not using chemical based hair dyes and to absolutely minimising the use of detergent based shampoos - I'm one of those " I like to be chemical free as far as possible" people ! I also regularly henna/indigo my hair and I feel that has really helped me maintain super healthy hair. I used to use chemical hair dyes years ago and I felt that I sufferred from them . I don't know if anyone else can identify with that feeling and I admit it could well be "psychological" as science has not proven a coneection between ill health, falling hair, bald spots, and hair dyes ! But in my opinion they are absolutely bad news and I would go as far as to say they are carcinogenic ( cancer causing).

Quite honestly , the best route to healthy shiny hair is a good vitamin rich diet, plenty of sleep, and identifying and then attempting to eliminate sources of stress from your life.

Good luck !!!

S
S
Just wanted to add this - if you decide to try a vitamin oil in your hair, it's a really good idea to apply it in your hair & gently massage into the scalp just before you go into a steam room or sauna - the steam / heat will help the oil to absorb as the scalp pores will open up.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Quote:
Just wanted to add this - if you decide to try a vitamin oil in your hair, it's a really good idea to apply it in your hair & gently massage into the scalp just before you go into a steam room or sauna - the steam / heat will help the oil to absorb as the scalp pores will open up.

Thanks for your reply. Codlever and Evening primrose are surely good for health. What you say about hair dye and falling hair is also true. Rather, hair dyes may be responsible for falling hair if they irritate your scalp.

I am looking for a direct connection between hair and any Vitamin, either oral or topical. For example skin gets benefits from Vitamin A derivatives. vitamin C and Vitamin E act as antioxidants and can help you fight wrinkles. What about hair?

I see many products saying that they help hair, but could get no scientific reference of a direct connection. I am looking for a member who can say - yes, I used this Vitamin either orally or topically and found this difference in my hair.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
The first two articles contain some of my research into vitamins and hair.

Thicker Healthier Hair

Beat Bad Hair Days

This article is about a really great product that is a vitamin rich hair shiner. - It's even good for your skin!

Shine & Protect Your Hair

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Thanks for the articles.
Your reference to Biotin is the clue I am seeking.
Let me work more on that.
Thanks.

A
A
yes vitamines affect hair health well it give it good look try to choose your suitable vitamin and you'll notice the diffrence

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.