logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#254051 07/07/06 03:12 AM
Gecko
Gecko
My brother in law is a long time computer programmer. When my husband and I first got married we had just gotten a computer and we had it in our living room. When my brother in law came for a visit, I mentioned that when we buy a house that we will probably have a computer for the kids room, and one in ours. I will never forget his raised eyebrows when he said to me "bad idea".....at the time his kids, my nieces and nephews were 16, 14, and 10 and they chimed in all at once and said "yea our parents think we don't know about bad people" !!!!! Then he explained it to me, have the computer, especially the kids computer in the room you (meaning parents) spend the most time in. Does it match my decor...nope but I don't care, my 10 year olds computer is next to mine PERIOD and it will stay there until he moves out.

As far as "MySpace" goes, I think that is really for adults and not teens. I don't think myspace should be faulted here, parents need to step up and take responsibility for thier kids, learn to say NO. Now as far as I know there have been no teenagers who have died from not being able to go onto myspace...I could be wrong about that but remember I said to my knowledge. Also learn how to use parental control on your computer.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#254052 07/07/06 10:10 PM
Kip Offline
I think this new myspace rule is just going to encourage people to lie more. I mean some predators might state their true age, however, now with the rule that unless you're under 18, you can't speak to a minor, I bet the predators will start lying more than ever. JMO.

Also, lots of schools (like mine) have sites like myspace but they're totally private. Do any of your kids have those? Maybe encourage them to go on there instead. On these sites, you can still decorate pages and talk to all your friends, but it's very safe. The only way you can only get in is if you're a student of the school, or of a school in a surrounding town.

#254053 07/08/06 02:19 PM
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
I was sifting through myspace & there are alot of girls young & older using sex appeal & almost downright sluttiness with their pictures & profiles.
At the same time they post a little blurb complaining that they are sick of getting creeps who keep trying to message them & sending them offensive comments.
It's just full of mixed messages. I find it extremely strange.

#254054 07/17/06 12:07 PM
Quote:
I believe that parental guidance on teenagers is necessary on any forum.

Yeah, I totally agree with that.An friend of mine on my myspace friends list posted bulletins about few missing teen girls and one of them ended up found murdered.Myspace really needs to make some changes for the safety of young girls on the site and parents need to monitor who the kids speak with on myspace.

You can't be too careful , so many crazy nuts in the world.

Always cherish the little things in life, never take it for granted.
#254055 07/17/06 02:41 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
it comes down to parental respsonsibility. Until your child is out of your home (at 18 or later, doesnt matter as long as it's your home) you need to be monitoring everything they do online.

You can't feed the fire and then complain about the fuel.

Meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.