Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
LadyLvsNyt #421843 05/28/08 11:30 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Ravyn,

Thanks for the info about Marion Zimmer Bradley, I didn't know she had passed. I feel the same way about her books. I never stop reading Mists of Avalon, it is by far my favorite and most life changing book. Forest House, while an enjoyable read, was not nearly as important in my life.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Shark
Shark
L
Dear Helen,
I have all the books in the series, the last few were 'finished' or written by either her sister or her daughter--can't remember which it is---but they are just not as magickal as Mists and rather than being disappointed I would just advise to skip them. However she did write a book a couple of years(1983)after Mists that covers the pre-history of them all that is out-of-print now called "The Fall of Atlantis" by Baen Publishing, ISBN:0-671-65615-5 that is as inspired as Mists in my opinion. I would highly recommend searching for it on Amazon or eBay. We lost a shining light when she died.
PS: the Afterword in Fall is the best explanation of where she got her 'ideas' I have ever read from anyone!

Last edited by RavynG; 05/28/08 01:01 PM.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
LadyLvsNyt #421975 05/28/08 05:32 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Mists of Avalon and Excalibur are my favorite Arthurian readers. I am now reading Mists again for about the sixth time - I love hearing the stories from Morgaines viewpoint.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
#421976 05/28/08 05:37 PM
Originally Posted By: ancientflaxman
The enchantments are all around us!!! I live in a very rural area and there are so many abandon farms around here. Sometimes I like to just go out in the country and walk thru some of these old empty dwellings. When I listen closely I can hear an old piano or pump organ playing, then seemingly like off in the distance I can hear people singing, babies crying, laughing or yelling, and the sounds of happiness or grief. I went into one of those large old dairy barns with the hay mow above and as I entered I felt the deepest sorrow. There was a remnant left of a lady crying and a man looking over his home and barn for probably the last time. Some of these places had been in families for generations and because of costs and low income they just gave up and left. I can walk through the grove and see a rotten old remnant of rope tied to a tree where a swing might have hung and I can hear the yells and laughs of kids. There is even a few outhouses left out here and I can see a kid holding the door shut on his brother and both of them laughing. The trees, the earth, the streams are pulsating with the magik of life. I could be sad as I am out there because our old farm at home is now gone but I choose to laugh with kids as they swung in the tree or with mom as dad slipped in the cow_______ and sat squarely in it. It's all around us and we are never alone. As we just allow the eye of the spirit to be open we encounter a whole new world. Blessed Be

How delightful! I love your story and the feelings you expressed. I love to listen to the past - sometimes, when we go into silence, we can hear and sense a lot.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.