Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
CrochetQueen #418790 05/15/08 07:18 PM
L
Shark
Shark
L
I am a witch and I an mot Wiccan. I am strega. NOT Raven Grimassi's homogenized American version, but a family tradition based on what would be called Angelology and Demonology. We have no Rede or Karma or Law of Three and believe in blessings and cursings. I think it would most likely fall into the "left-hand path" category. But it is not my religion. It is what I am because of certain gifts and training of those gifts. My religion is Catholic. There are Benandanti (and Malandanti) who can and do work with the Church (or against it), but as "independant-contractors" so to speak-- wink

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
LadyLvsNyt #418800 05/15/08 08:33 PM
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I hope that you do not mind me following up your post but let me say that I am in AWE and the things that you say give me hope!!!!

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 05/15/08 08:33 PM.
#421467 05/26/08 06:17 PM
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
My Aunt Celias' dad has been gone for many decades. I would like to have know him but we never got a chance to talk. Celia did tell me what he told her years ago. He said that the day will come and is even now upon us when Our great Mother will be forgotten except by only a remaining tiny thread left in humanity. That thread, however, is woven into every soul in the remotest and almost unforgotten deepest recesses of the mind. He did not know if she would ever be consciously remembered again but he did say that she could never be completely stamped out of the universe no matter how hidden that she has to remain. Blessed Be

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 05/26/08 06:21 PM.
#421472 05/26/08 06:28 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Ancientflaxman,

Have you ever read "Mists of Avalon"? It is an Arthurian reader and my favorite. It is about the ancient Goddesses, Lady of the Lake, and I think you would enjoy it. In it, Morgaine sees the end of the Goddess coming, yet it is not the end, only a time of quiet. Although it is fiction it has a lot of truths in it...

Merlin shall return some day and with him, the enchantments.

Your Aunt Celia's dad was right.

One thread an entire quilt can be and the quilt grows to warm those who need it.
Blessed be.

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 05/26/08 06:31 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Thank you Phyllis, I will look for that book. I'll bet that it will bring back a lot of memories!

#421627 05/27/08 12:56 PM
L
Shark
Shark
L
The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley was a life changing book for me. It was instrumental in my finally being able to make the break with the Christian cult my family had been a part of for three generations. The subsequent books in the series were never quite as good tho, but Mists is a stand-alone volume anyway. It can never be repeated since she has passed now.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
LadyLvsNyt #421667 05/27/08 04:16 PM
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Posts like this make me very happy and hopeful, thank you RavynG !

A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
The enchantments are all around us!!! I live in a very rural area and there are so many abandon farms around here. Sometimes I like to just go out in the country and walk thru some of these old empty dwellings. When I listen closely I can hear an old piano or pump organ playing, then seemingly like off in the distance I can hear people singing, babies crying, laughing or yelling, and the sounds of happiness or grief. I went into one of those large old dairy barns with the hay mow above and as I entered I felt the deepest sorrow. There was a remnant left of a lady crying and a man looking over his home and barn for probably the last time. Some of these places had been in families for generations and because of costs and low income they just gave up and left. I can walk through the grove and see a rotten old remnant of rope tied to a tree where a swing might have hung and I can hear the yells and laughs of kids. There is even a few outhouses left out here and I can see a kid holding the door shut on his brother and both of them laughing. The trees, the earth, the streams are pulsating with the magik of life. I could be sad as I am out there because our old farm at home is now gone but I choose to laugh with kids as they swung in the tree or with mom as dad slipped in the cow_______ and sat squarely in it. It's all around us and we are never alone. As we just allow the eye of the spirit to be open we encounter a whole new world. Blessed Be

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.