logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Danielle, thanks for sharing that article re Grace Sherwood. It is so sad that through the ignorance of people back in those days that many people were convicted and killed, most of them just because someone made a false accusation. They were also ignorant of the purpose of witchcraft and the beliefs involved. They were unaware of the good that a witch could do and the incredible knowledge one has to have to practice the craft.

Some of the greatest Spiritual Leaders in history practiced (and still do) witchcraft.

Last edited by Phyllis Burns, NatAmEd; 05/10/08 05:30 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#416965 05/10/08 05:11 PM
L
Shark
Shark
L
Originally Posted By: ancientflaxman
Some of the words went like this; Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decide, in the strife with truth or falsehood for the good or evil side, new occasions teach new duties time makes ancient good uncouth, we would always upward onward who would keep abreast of truth.

wow that is lovely Flaxman----are you Anglican?
(and thank you!)

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
LadyLvsNyt #417093 05/10/08 10:58 PM
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
No I am not Anglican Ravyn and you are very welcome!!!! I do not really know what I would be called. I was taught that we were a very old order Germanic clan that dates back to about the time of the reformation. When Martin Luther broke away from the Catholic Church he took his following in one direction. Our family originally was all Catholic at that time but unhappy with the misuse of their power. We went another direction. In the old days some of my family was hunted like wolves when we defied the church. We believed that it took only one person to define each of our futures and that substance within each of us was complete for any situation that we would encounter. Luther was, although a renegade from the original Catholic faith, still very closely tied to it in many ways. We kind of went underground. With that kind of freedom, miracles and magic became part of our lives daily. When one is open to something without fear, endless possibilities are the result. Some of us were healers, some were called "fortune tellers" in those days, and although we were never actually part of the Gypsies "Sinti-Roma", that style of freedom and wandering was very much a part of my ancestors. I keep one foot in this world and one in the other but my Root C. is tied to the center of the earth and to Great Mom Happy mothers day MOM

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 05/10/08 11:54 PM.
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Hi Deanna! I am probably very out of date but I do, and have always felt, that love is the healing link that can span any gulf created between individuals or lifetimes. This link, if maintained, cannot be broken by any force no matter how powerful it appears.

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 05/11/08 02:34 PM.
#418610 05/15/08 01:52 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I'm a history buff, which definitely taints my views on organized religions. I look historically at the good, the bad, and the ugly. It bothers me when I ponder the earth based knowledge lost in events such as the witch hunts, the genocide attempts and relocation of Native Americans and Aborigines in Australia. I feel our spiritual needs have shifted, and for many of us the Bible and organized Christianity doesn't address everything. It has been used for so many contradictory purposes through the years.

When someone feels the need to tell me how good a "Christian" they are, I usually run - FAST. When someone shares with me they have found their own spiritual path through Wicca, or some combination thereof, I want to know this person, for they have been on a similar journey to mine.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
Hi Icp012586 I too love history. I have born again Christians in my family as well as a few "others". It took me many years to figure out why some followers of some religions try to make others see their way and their way alone. It is because they are themselves insecure in what they really believe. They think that the more converts they obtain that their truth will become more real in proportion. Think about it!! The more that people try to dominate each other the more that they show just how empty that they are inside. I think that as a human race we are still evolving. You however are seeing some beautiful things and making decisions that will truly enhance your path in life. I am really excited for you!!!!

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 05/15/08 08:01 AM.
#418640 05/15/08 08:08 AM
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
I had an aunt at one time who knew some spiritual principals but used them for her own selfishness. She held fast to her male deity and used it to justify her hideous actions of maliciousness and revenge in life. If someone just made her mad or did not agree with her she would devistate the countryside if need be. She was privy to some of the familys' gifts but she took the darker side and made it a way of life. Let me make something clear here. The dark side is very apparent to many healers. It is nothing that we learned so to speak, it is just there. For instance a medical doctor learns how to heal any part of the body. The doctor learns how to save lives by correcting certain situations. What does the doctor also learn automatically withour even being taught? It just comes with the territory. Now back to my aunt. Instead of using the gifts for healing and uplifting she used it for revenge. One day, as a teenager, I asked her why she used these things for such meanness. That was a hell of a mistake for me!!!!! In the night I went to bed as we all do but I could not sleep. I will not go into exactly what happened but suffice it to say I was hurting and terrified. She was enacting something against me. I saw what she was doing. If one thinks that people do not have that power, guess again!!!! Anyway I was a stupid teenager suffering because a lady with far more spiritual knowledge than I had was going to prove that she and her deity would just plow her enemies underfoot. In wisdom my family left me alone because I was to learn my own path. I prayed, I cried, I tried to encircle myself with what they would now call white light, I did everyting that I thought would help except the two things that could really help me. Relax and meditate. When I fought through the emotional for several evenings I then resorted to the spiritual.Then a very gentle voice spoke to me and said "I will not harm thee?" I needed to hear that although it must have been a pretty proper entity as no one ever called me a thee. In any case I heard and listened. Then this lovely being told me what to do to defend myself. I did what I was directed to do. It seemed the craziest thing to do and made absolutely no sense to me but I questioningly followed through. I then felt more at peace and fell asleep. That night I dreamed like my aunts hair was standing up kind of like Al Sharptons does, her mouth was wide open, and here eyes were as round as silver dollars. She was always nice to me from then on. Blessed Be

#418649 05/15/08 09:19 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
I am a Witch. My beliefs are my own and the way I practise those beliefs are private. I was never a christian although I come from a christian family. I find that most people, when they find out that I do not practice christianity, are very interested in my religion. I don't go around proclaiming my religion, although, my husband likes to tell people what I am. I do not follow any path other than my own. I have spoken with spirits and danced with the fairies. I have driven out a vengeful ghost or two. Currently a female spirit resides in my home and tends to follow me around. She's not harmful, doesn't wish to hurt anyone and just wants to stay around to see what's coming next. There was another spirit outside near an old dog kennel that I had to drive out as it kept attacking my husband everytime he went into the garage. Just an angry spirit that didn't want to move on.
If you were to see me on the street, you wouldn't say..."Look, there's a Witch!". I look just like any other 48 year old female. I don't wear my pentacle for the world to see, although I wear it everyday and rarely take it off. I am what I am and not what the world expects a Witch to look like or to be. I just live my life everyday, go about my business, mix my herbs and smile when some idiot calls Witchcraft 'Satanism'.

Raynefalls #418670 05/15/08 10:53 AM
A
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
ancientflaxman
Unregistered
A
It sounds like your path is steady and completes the being within. Privacy works for many people of diverse beliefs. You have just proclaimed your beliefs. I am glad for your input and appreciate your candor!!! On the street I wear my geans, crewcut, and goofy smile. Usually a stranger would not ever suspect my involvement with anything other than the normal way of living except for the fact that I live in a town of 600 people. I boast to no one here about what I believe, they just know. I am glad that you are very happy in your path!!! That gives others a lot of hope!!! I too just smile when someone calls what I do satanism and I also just smile when some try to combine their version of God and the Great Mother. peace to you. Blessed Be

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 05/15/08 11:25 AM.
#418677 05/15/08 12:00 PM
It is really enjoyable to read all your posts and to see the acceptance you have in your abilities and beliefs. So many people just do not understand that witchcraft is not a demonic oriented practice. I am happy to find people who are at peace with their beliefs and are not afraid to be who they are.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.