Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
That is a great description, Jenna.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#250205 06/24/06 09:03 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Last night I was talking with a 1/2 believing girl friend and her orthodox catholic neighbour. When the topic of what is a Christian came up. My friend has issues with her in laws because of what she thinks a Christian should be and how they act in regards to finances and taxes.

So what is a Christian, how should a Christian act? Freebubbles, you have a lot to say about how you see others who claim to be Christ followers act. Do you have a definition of What a Christian is in way of behaviour, attitude and appearance? Is there a definition that we can use as a measuring stick to not measure others by, but which to measure ourselves by.

#250206 07/10/06 02:12 AM
Shark
Shark
wow i have been out of the loop!!! I dont think that there should be a measureing stick to measure chirstians by i think thats the problem!!! you should not judge a persons faith by how they dress or what they look like or where they live!!! but i think a chirstian should have compassion but not be a door mat for others!!! I think they should know what they believe and why and above all live it!!! the why is not so much important as the other but it helps the person who believes to act out what they believe!!!! i dont believe in the good chirstian or bad chirstian its a wizing contest to make others feel less worth to be a chirstian!!! as far as how to live and what to believe i think its personal everyone believes something different!!! I cant tell someone how to live and what to believe and no one can tell me!!! thats another big problem with chirstians in this area. God made me to think and make my own choices. why else would He have given me a brain and free will? When i read the Bible it does not tell me to force my oppinion on or believe on other, it says go and tell the good news. and to me that means if and when someone ask me what i think, believe, or what i would do, then i tell them what MY chirstian opponion is and why and i dont think we should judge or belittle others because they believe differantly then we do Christian or not!!!

sorry if i sounded judgemental.... i tend to be blunt and sarcasticly humorous and that does not come across well on the post!!! I have a dry humor that rubbes people the wrong way and i am sorry!!!

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
#250207 07/21/06 03:41 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I don't want to judge Chrisitans or anyone else, I can't I don't know their heart.

But since God's church is built by the bodies of Christians and not a temple, our bodies are his temple, it is important that we always act and behave accordingly. We are his ambassadors on Earth, his representatives. Others view God by how we act and what we say.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.