As the mother of 5 (going on 6) it is hard giving individual attention to all of my kids. The oldest 2 boys I will sometimes let stay up latter and play a game with them. But the question has always been what to do with the younger ones to have fun with and build a bond with them.

After a lot of research I have found some things that teach my younger children some skills and give them some individual time with me that builds that parent child bond that is so important to develop in there early years.

Hear are some of the things I have found the most helpful and that can take as little as 5 minutes or as long as you want.

The Unborn

A fun game to play with your child is when they kick you pushing down on your belly and try and get them to kick you back. Try moving around and they will follow where you put the pressure.

Infants

The best advice that I ever received was at night when the baby wakes up keep the room dark feed your baby and then put them back in bed as soon as they are done. Don�t play with them or change there dipper (unless they are exploding out of it). Save all you�re playing and talking with them for the day time. This has helped in 2 ways for me: 1) they start sleeping through the night quicker. 2) They don�t like having wet dippers on all night and they will learn to hold it this helps them when they start potty training.

One to Three Months

Hang a bright mobile on the side of the babies� bed (most babies sleep with there head to one side and will not see the toys hung over the center of the bed). Try to change the mobile in some way every week.

Three to Six Months

Watch how your baby reacts when things disappear from view. Dose your baby lean over and look for the thing they dropped? Dose your baby put a toy down and go right back to it latter? These are signs that there memory is growing. Try playing peek � a � boo with them by slowly covering an object or your face with a cloth observe their reaction. If your baby won�t play this yet wait a couple of weeks and then try again.

There are many other games and activities that you can play with your infant.

If you want more ideas or to share your ideas feel free to visit my website @ www.youandmeactivities.com/ideas

Stay tuned for next months article on babies who are 6 months to a year.

See you soon,

Marie Coltrane

Marie Coltrane is the mother of 5 (going on 6) and the author of �Stimulating Your Child Through the Early Years Without Going Bankrupt� and �Toys, Games, and Activities that Cost Almost Nothing� www.youandmeactivities.com