logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
allerby Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello everyone. I've gotten a lot of good information while reading this board (I know I've got to switch out my nose bone now!), but now it's time for my own question...
I'm a pretty active person, especially in the summer. I like to swim, whether it be in the ocean or pool, but I'm worried about losing my bone while doing so. I've had the piercing (surgical steel bone, right nostril) since mid-February (2006), and have had no problems whatsoever (at least not beyond it popping out a few times due to overzealous snot-wiping!), and I'm pretty sure the thing is mostly healed, or getting there at least. So now I'm wondering since I do have to part with my simple bone, what type of jewelry should I get next? I am not concerned with the outside, my question concerns what type of jewelry I should get that will stay in 100% while I'm hangning out at the beach this summer. I am not interested in wearing a ring. Thank you very much in advance!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I would suggest getting rid of the bone simply because I've heard too many horror stories about them--peoples' holes have a tendency to shrink to the size of the shaft of the jewelry, and they find later they can't remove it! The solution is either a lot of pain, or if it can't be removed, to cut the jewelry to get it out. I'm surprised your piercing even put it in you.

Try a nostril screw instead. They're comfy and secure; it's generally pretty difficult to get them to fall out.

You might look into alternate jewelry as well...a type common in India is to have a back that screws on. Not sure where you could find such a thing; might have to look at websites/stores that sell Indian clothing/jewelry and such. In addition, I know there are mini barbells you can buy with the screw-on ends; not sure if there are any appropriately sized for a nostril piercing or if anyone has ever tried them for such a purpose.

This might be a question to ask at bmezine.com, including about the mini barbells.

Elephant
Elephant
Just keep looking into alternate jewelry, or carry a spare with you when you go swimming. I have a ton of earrings and some are just spirals and things that occasionally fall out. So far, I've not lost anything camping or swimming, but I carry extra jewelry just in case.

A
allerby Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you guys!
So... any ideas where I could keep looking for alternate jewelry? I don't really live in an area with a large Indian population OR where piercing is mainstream. Does one of you have a website in mind? I'm planning on heading over to my piercer this weekend, but I'm not sure if they'll have much more than the bone I was pierced with.

Also, is it possible to wear a labret stud in my nose?

Elephant
Elephant
Usually the "tails" on a labret are much, much longer than on a nose stud, so you might wind up with a wire sticking out of your nostril if you try this one.

I find that all the jewelry that I've ever bought online always has something wrong with it, either in fit or craftsmenship, so I've stopped buying when I can't touch it or see it in person.

Ultimate emergency jewelry = nylon monofilament, i.e. that thick plastic line found in weed whackers. Really, it works for when folks get X-rays or really need to hide piercings from family. File that mentally under, "when all else fails."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.