logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#248704 07/16/06 03:06 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My mother is and has always been overweight. She went through crash diets and even anorexia when I was a child. She always told me I'd never have to worry about my weight, and i believed her. When I was 11 or so she had me on weight watchers with her, not because I needed to be, but because she needed help and support. I feel sad for her now, I didnt recognize that as a child.

as a result of being told I would never be "fat" I didnt see much importance in exercising or eating right, I was always thin as a child, teen and young adult.

I now struggle with my weight after having children. I hate physcial activity, i always have, and I wasn't conditioned as a child to do it anyhow.

I am extra cautious to never make comments about my children's weight. I offer them only healthy foods with the not so healthy things only as treats on a weekend or holiday. I also ensure they do something physical each and every day, which has been going to the pool this summer. This past year I had themin dance and drama in addition to just riding their bikes, playing and doing kid stuff.

We moved to a much mre pedestrian-friendly neighborhood and now we walk the dog around the 'hood almost every night while the older girls ride their bikes and hubby pushes the smaller two kids.

Hubby and I realize that we aren't getting younger and the problems our parents fight are all compounded by inactivity, diet and being overweight. We've decided that we don't want to live their life. When we are their age (early to late 50s) we want to be active and enjoying our life, not constantly shuffling to the doctor or in so much pain we have to stay home.

Meg

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#248705 09/04/06 06:27 AM
T
Shark
Shark
T
Yes I do compare myself with my Mother and tried my best to be the opposite.

She is a person that never says her mind, never has an oppinion, which I find annoying and as I think you have gathered by now I do.

I have never seen my Mother with out make up she wears so much I hardly wear any.

She is quite plump so I watch the weight.

Saying all this I love my mother dearly but just did not want to be like her.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
#248706 09/07/06 11:12 AM
Oh dear! My mom is as thin as a rail--yup a hot momma at 50 something. Me, on the other hand...I've had 4 kids, including a set of triplets! I feel that I've earned my pouch and it's nothing to be ashamed of. Not to say I'd NEVER have a tummy tuck to get rid of the extra skin, but for now I'm ok with it. I'm healthy and that's all that matters. Besides, my kids think I'm beautiful just the way I am! I worry about our obsession with weight and appearances and the impression that leaves on our kids..especially our little girls.

#248707 09/07/06 01:16 PM
C
C
I do remember being ridiculed not because my mom was fat I can deal with that but my Father really criticizes my love of food I don't eat that much maybe my size is in a size 14 but I'm going to change that I want to because I don't want to not get a boyfriend because I'm so overweight! But I don't care about what my parents say I'm going to indulge in good food. This Society is way too stuck on Body Image anyways Take ANTM Tyra's Show they won't even let a Plus Size Model get her crown and glory her Judging Panel gets on my damn nerves I'm glad they don't have Janice Dickerson on there anymore but the secret to winning is having a good picture every week I wonder if Toccara reentered and tried out again she would win because she's not that big anymore

A Picture says a million words
#248708 09/08/06 01:33 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Mirror, mirror on the wall; I am my mother afterall!

Well, not really because my mother, and her mother, and every other person in my mother's family is a whippet while I AM a st. Bernard. BUT my mother has never been anything but supportive of me in all my endeavors. I am the one that eats the food and does not care to exercise and packs on the weight that tends to make me fatter than necessary. I have joined Curves and try to go at least three times a week. IF I am going to live a reallllly long time like everyone else in this family I need to be able to walk and right now my knees are very unhappy with me.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.