logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf
Wolf
Quote:
Just a bit of old fashion advice. Support your husband as he is trying to make a good future for you and your 19 month old. We all have stress but we learn to over come it.

Yes.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
There is always someone in a worse predicament. My husband and I have weathered going to school full time at the same time while raising three kids, through a military deployment, sickness and health, and a vindictive ex-wife. We are now in graduate school. You have to want it bad enough. Think about your 19 mo old and how much more you will be able to give your child.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I� I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
B
B
yes, i would like to ask the same ? what does he ask of you to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also ask first of all what kind of things he asks you to do. If it's homey type things that should be getting done that's alright in my opinion. Now if he's just being silly and asking you to do things that are ridiculous, that's another. You're both under stress, but it sounds like he has an amazingly long day. You're able to take those little time outs being at home. A 19 month old is surely a lot of work, too. I wouldn't like being told what to do either, especially if they were getting done. I am capable of doing the dishes without being told, after all. HaHa. It's possible your hubby is just worried that if he doesn't remind you he'll have to come home and do it himself. Remind him that you've got things under control smile Enjoy the time you are able to spend together relaxing.

B
B
Wow's that really tough. My husband drives me crazy sometimes too. I think when men say "I do" at the altar they suddenly feel that annoying is the new communication. JK. But seriously, I know how you feel because my husband does the same kind of thing. That on top of hardly seeing him, working online and having a little bitty child is a lot to deal with. I just wanted to let you know that if you need to do more venting I'd be happy to listen. You're not alone in what you're going through! Do you have a boy or girl?

B
B
When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!

Zebra
Zebra
Stress displacement.
I know your comment was made in jest, but actually, you know, it's a common problem - !
Excess shopping fills a void.... and creates one in your bank account too....!

B
B
Alexandra,

Yes, the post was made in jest. Jokes make people laugh. Laughter breaks tension. A break in tension relieves stress. Sometimes the best help you can offer someone is not through giving advice or philosophical answers straight off, but through caring enough about their emotional well being to try and find a way to relate to them. Jokes do that. Obvious jokes don't need disclaimers. People who are venting just need someone to listen.

D
D
I think you should talk to your husband and try to understand him your needs. I am sure he will definitely listen

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Communications is very very important. When is he finished?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.