logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hehehe! Well, Curtis' Mom, I'll agree with you here, in part. I did say earlier that parents are choosing children from overseas because they are less likely to have custody issues in the future from the birth parents. If you want to see more children within the country be adopted, you need to take a look at the current adoption laws. Maybe they need to be changed a bit, so that parents can't come back and say "I changed my mind" and win in court.

Race doesn't seem to be an issue, if the Ethiopian child on my youngest son's soccer team is any indication. He was just adopted, so that raises a question on the demand for older children. We had another adopted child on the team last season, and he was adopted by his social worker who was fully aware of his mother's drug abuse problems. Of course, these cases are by no means an indication of what is the "norm".

Elizabeth Ross
Pro-Choice
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
I am really sorry that you feel offended. And my intention is not to make you feel guilty. I'd never want to do that. Guilt doesn't solve anything.

My opinion is not to make anyone feel bad, it's to shine light on what I believe to be a sacred truth: Nobody should have the right to take the life of another, no matter of their opinion. Your life is sacred, but your opinion isn't. A baby's life is sacred too.

BTW...you didn't "end up pregnant". Sperm doesn't just find it's way into a woman's body. I'm sorry that you are unable to take advantage of the current means of birth control. That puts you in the uncomfortable position to abstain until you want a baby. But having unprotected sex, knowing you might conceive, doesn't take away the right to life of another....sorry.

P
P
Yes! Adoption laws should be changed! I fully agree! ~peace

Gecko
Gecko
What about for women who's health would be seriously compromised if they got pregnant? Should they enter a nunnery for life? There is NO way that I'll abstain from sex, either for marriage (since I don't believe in marriage to begin with) religious reasons (I'm not religious) or to prevent the possibility of becoming pregnant. I take reasonable precautions, and if I could be sterilized I'd do it in an instant. However, not only funds prevent this, but doctors just love to tell women "Oh you can't get rid of your chance to have children, you HAVE to have at least a couple before we'll do that." So if I became pregnant right now, I would have an abortion. It's something I'd really rather not have to do, but there is no way in hell I'd be able to even think about bearing a fetus to term.

Medically, I say if there's no brain waves, then it's not human, it's a husk that has the potential to BE human. Without a brain, it's just flesh in human form. One of my aunts got in a car accident but survived, however she had no brain waves. Why would she be declared in the non-living, yet fetuses that also have no brain waves are counted as living?

Gecko
Gecko
I also meant to say that adoption in America is so broken right now. I just talked to someone in another forum where the grandparents could NOT take custody of their grandkid, even though his mother tested positive for cocaine use. Every child should be wanted, and be with the people who want them. The truth is though, that there are far more children than people who want them.

P
P
I have to totally agree with you on that point: You should be able to have your tubes tied! I'd gladly have my taxes help fund that procedure for people who share your situation and sentiments!

Gecko
Gecko
That in very reasonable, I truly wish more people who were concerned about abortion would allow the logical thing to happen and let women who don't want kids to have procedures to make sure it doesn't happen, that would solve at least a chunk of the abortion problem right there.

Unfortunately, quite a few of the pro-lifers I've met were religious fanatics, who think that women are made to pump out the babies and anyone who doesn't want to do that has something wrong with them. :P Those are the kind of people that would force a women to have a baby against their will, either by pressuring them (which sadly works far too often, even against the woman's better judgement) guilting them or denying them medial attention.

I'm curious, do you count the pill as an abortificant?

P
P
If the pill is an abortificant, so is abstinence. No abortion occurs if their is not a human life present.

I'm not a fanatic, and to be honest, I'm not even that religious. But I do believe once a human life exists, it has a right to live, and nobody has a right to take it away. Like I said before, one person's right to chose shouldn't supercede another's right to live, no matter how small and defenseless they are.

You should have the right to get your tubes tied. I believe you do though. How much more expensive is it than an abortion? It can't be that hard to find a doctor to do it.

P
P
I'm not a scientist, but I believe there is a difference in a person who is brain dead and has no potential for a future life and one who is a life in process of growing.

People are not alive when brain dead. Machines just keep their organs going. A growing baby, no matter what phase in it's growth, is still a live human being.

Am I allowed to say that? Or is this the wrong forum?

Gecko
Gecko
That's interesting that you don't count the pill as one...So when do you count it to be a "baby" and not a cluster of cells? I was wondering, because would you count it as an abortion if the woman found out she was pregnant in the first month and had an abortion then? I'm seriously not picking on you, I truthfully want to know because a friend of mine claims that it's the moment the sperm hits the cell that it's "alive". My argument to that is that the egg itself was "alive" before the sperm hit it, still doesn't make it a human.

Having your tubes tied is quite expensive as well as invasive (although new procedures are being worked on all the time, for which I'm grateful) while I think an abortion is a lot cheaper. I don't think the cost is a reason to "rely" on abortion over other methods however, that would be just...Moronic.

Hmm, what would you say to a woman who did get her tubes tied because she knew she didn't want kids ever, so she did the right thing, got sterilized, and got pregnant so the had an abortion? (It happened to my mom, actually. I have a younger sister because of that, so it's not out of the realm of possibility)

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.