logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Movie is coming out in Canada this week. Many people are very excited to go and see it. Will it be a blockbuster or just a buster? The hype has been huge and the expectation for many high.

Alexandra, you bring up some interesting points like the number of pains of glass in the pyramid.

Does anyone else know of any other details that are absolutely false in this novel?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Question to ponder.

The theory states that Mary Magadeline was buried under Herod's palace.

#1 What would the proposed wife of Jesus be doing buried under a Jewish leader's home?

#2 This was way before the time of refrigeration, is it really logical to believe that they took Mary's rotting corpse all the way from France to Jerusalem to be buried.

#3 What reason would they have to take her body out of France to be buried.

Any answers?

As of today 26% of those polled believe the theory to be fact. I have yet to see one reason as to why someone would believe it.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Anyone see the movie yet? How was it?

Zebra
Zebra
Just my response to number two....
The body would not have been 'rotting' because of the practise of embalming....the process preserves the body astoundingly....Look at the Egyptian mummies....

pretty gross still, anyway....*bleagh!*

Gecko
Gecko
Fiction. No, I mean fact. No, first answer...fiction.

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
I think there is a bit of truth mixed in with alot of fiction in this movie. Obviousley alot of it was made up just like alot of religious texts are made up I suppose.

Zebra
Zebra
That's an extremely good and pertinent point, FreeSpirit...
There was a programme on Sunday, with a Biblical scholar pulling the book to bits, saying that the account of the Emperor Constantine was 100 years out....
And the Literary critic pointed out that the Gospels were written at least 100 years after the death of Christ - WITHOUT the benefit of media communication, or WWW internet research facilities....

It is all very well for people to dismiss this book as outright fiction... We could begin though, by calling it 'Faction'...But The Bible, as an historical factual account of Jesus, doesn't hold much water under scrutiny, either....
Historical research on events such as the Massacre of the Innocents shows the date of this event to be wildly innacurate and completely at odds, regarding the Life-time-line of Herod Agrippa, for example....

It's taken the heat and attention away from those parchments regarding Judas....

But let's not get off-topic....
Scrutiny and denial of this book, by the Church, is primarily borne out of Fear....
It's held up as blasphemous Mockery, because they are afraid it will Knock the Faith....

It will soon blow over though....
It's a storm in a tea-cup...

The Belief in Jesus Christ as saviour has survived worse than this....

Last edited by Alexandra; 05/22/06 02:32 AM.
Gecko
Gecko
I've changed my mind again, I think it's false now.

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
The Bible holds up under scrutiny and is the most authentic historical document from that time. The books were written by those who knew Jesus and were written within 70 years of his death by eye witnesses. There were thousands of eyewitnesses living at the time who would of disproved the books at the time. The Isrealites took their religion very very seriously and did not tolerate false teachings.

There are 5000 copies and thousands of fragments in existence today that were discovered throughout the ancient world. These copies are 98.5% identical. The other 1.5% are grammatical differences, not doctrinal. The oldest copy was copied 55 years after the original was written.

To compare this to other ancient documents, there are 7 copies of Plato's works. There is only 1 copy of Tactis's Annuals of Imperial Rome. There are 9 copies of historian Josephus's book The Jewish War, these copies are dated centuries after the originals and are considered reliable.

The Gospels can be re-written by taking quotes from non biblical writtings of the time.

Check out my article on the subject for the facts regarding the Bible and its authenticity

Last edited by Carennedy; 05/22/06 03:27 PM.
Shark
Shark
All the christians are up in arms and making a big deal out of the movie and books. what i want to know is why? the more they strife to do away with it the more popular it becomes. if they really wanted to get ride of the DaVinci Code they would ignore it!!! How many teens are there that what to see a movie about history fact or fiction?

my opintion its fiction even Ron Howard the produce said so.

All things are permissible but not all things are beneficial. judge not lest ye be judged.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Nina - Siblings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.