Print Thread
#241174 04/06/06 07:18 AM
T
tagua Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
5 years ago we where forced to leave Clombia due to several reasons and came to the USA, though my husband has a very good job and we live in a wonderful place, half of my heart is still in Colombia. Ever since we got here I've been trying to find a project that will both, give us an additional income but most important, will let me help my country in some way. On one of my visits to Bogota I finally found it. On December, there is a huge craft show in Bogota and I was amazed by the quality of the things I found there, but what caught my attention was some seed every body was talking about, they are called TAGUA seeds. Every body was wearing jewelry made with them and as it seemed to be a very strong trend I decided to find more about them....that's how I found my project. They are making such beauty full objects that I wouldn't call them jewelry, I'd call them works of art. Each of them is individually created by native artists, and each one of them has an incredible amount of time and labor invested .
Tagua nuts look exactly like animal Ivory, that means that no Elephants are killed to get it.. Ain't that cool?
But also, Tagua nuts come from a Native Palm that grows in the Colombian Pacific jungle that means that the more Tagua they sell the more Palms they have to plant....so, when people gets a product made with Tagua, they are helping reforest the jungle...also cool, don't you think?
Our project is called Baloka which is the name of a Colombian native Indian tribe.
I'm really glad that me, like Shakira have found ways to help our people.

Maria Mizrahi.
Ethnic, eclectic and exotic jewelry with ecological conscience
www.baloka.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#241175 04/20/06 08:41 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
this is great! im sure the elephants will be very greatful not to mention the forests

would i be able to add you a link to my website i sell handmade natural beauty products and your site will go really well with it being natural and conservational

alicat
www.pureessenceproducts.bravehost.com

#241176 04/20/06 10:24 AM
Gecko
Gecko
That's great, here's another website link for you:

www.bodyandsoulalternativetherapies.com

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
#241177 04/21/06 08:04 AM
T
tagua Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
alicat: I visited your site, I love what you're doing.Our plan for the future is to turn our site into the center of a comunity of interest.....anything, ethnic, eclectic or exotic that is enviromentaly friendly.
My husband is the one in charge of the design of the web page, and when I asked him about your post he said that since our site is made with flash, we still don't have a link exchange page. I would be very interested in exchanging links with you as soon as it is ready

Maria Mizrahi.
www.baloka.com
#241178 04/21/06 11:01 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
thats ok is it ok to add you to mine now?

#241179 04/21/06 11:40 AM
T
tagua Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Yes, of course
Thanks

Maria Mizrahi.
www.baloka.com

Moderated by  Farjana_Environment_Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.